View Single Post

Old 07-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Jovi Fan

There were definitely some 'heat of the moment' things I said in the last post.

However, I agree that you should expect nothing but a great for the money you pay for the ticket, travel, day off, etc..

BUT, here's a thing that you need to know, and I'm saying this from a perspective of a frontman of the band (I have a bar band and we play covers).

What you pay in for the ticket is already there. Many many hours invested in songwritting, promotion, production (I mean the stage and lightshow just blows you away), and then they are on stage around 2 and a half hours, while much younger performers like Rihanna or Sheeran are on the stage for an hour and a half barely.

So you are basically already set to have a great time.

But if you come in and start looking at Jon in the first song and go like - 'he sounds like trash' or 'he doesn't move around' then you doomed yourself to have a bad time no matter how the show goes. And that was my point.

The show is already a spectacle, but as a performer I can tell you how important the crowd from energy is to bring out that 10% more out of the frontman that can have a huge impact all around. Doesn't matter if it's 300 people or 50k.

And for casual fans, they won't notice a difference, but us die hards definitely will.