Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The Official June 11 Slagmarken , Sønderborg, Denmark Thread

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 PM
manarosi manarosi is offline
Senior Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 15 Feb 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
There's a Live Nation department in Milan and the show didn't take place according to official statement due to logistics. Milan would be a straight sold out. Both Springsteen & Bon Jovi share a huge fan base in Milan, especially Bruce. I was blessed to attend Springsteen's concert in Milan in 2016 and I really can't wait for the next one, hopefully next year, to come!


Also Milan got the largest show in BWC Tour.
Also San Siro is going to held a lot of concerts this summer til mid july, maybe there was no room
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:02 AM
MrIks from Finland's Avatar
MrIks from Finland MrIks from Finland is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 30 May 2006
Location: Finland
Gender: male
Posts: 1,419
Default

I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:47 AM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.
Glad you had a good time, I watched some videos and have to admit was a bit disappointed given how highly you praised them, but it's hard to get a proper feel from a screen. At least Joe is still on key these days.
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:51 AM
ticos_stick's Avatar
ticos_stick ticos_stick is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 18 Sep 2002
Location: Inside Tico's Bass Drum
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick
Default

I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake in 2015.

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

Then Whitesnake came on and melted my face off.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 AM
Walleris's Avatar
Walleris Walleris is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2010
Location: London, UK (originally from Lithuania)
Age: 25
Gender: male
Posts: 2,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake in 2015.

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

Then Whitesnake came on and melted my face off.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.
You have a very unusual taste in live concerts.

David Coverdale as a live singer is a joke these days. One of all time's greatest rock singers has absolutely no range left, it's all just screaming. But I guess that's enough to trick untrained ears in a live setting. In fact, if I am Jon, that's who I would want to open for me.

Def Leppard, I saw live last year; they are not in their peak either, but they are still very solid, and if you can stomach songs being downtuned (which Bon Jovi do as well) sound pretty close to record, Joe, while not perfect, does a far better job working around them than Jon. 'Synthetic/polished' is what their albums sound too, so not sure why that's the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 AM
ticos_stick's Avatar
ticos_stick ticos_stick is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 18 Sep 2002
Location: Inside Tico's Bass Drum
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick
Default

Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:12 AM
Tictoc Tictoc is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 16 Jun 2007
Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.
Gender: male
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake in 2015.

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

Then Whitesnake came on and melted my face off.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.
Agreed.

A friend took me along to a Def Leppard concert recently and I honestly thought it was hilarious.

I'm sure 50% of their sound is playback. Joe Elliot sounded awful too.

Apart from a few fun 80s tracks they're a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:33 AM
Walleris's Avatar
Walleris Walleris is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2010
Location: London, UK (originally from Lithuania)
Age: 25
Gender: male
Posts: 2,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM
BonJovi100 BonJovi100 is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 01 Jul 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.
One band which Jon should be worried to play after is Manic Street Preachers. James Dean has vantastic voice. People will hear difference
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Elvistico Elvistico is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2003
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Gender: male
Posts: 520
Default

No setlist of lst night so far? Only blabla about Def Leppard?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.