Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The Official June 11 Slagmarken , Sønderborg, Denmark Thread

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 AM
james_d james_d is online now
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
No setlist of lst night so far? Only blabla about Def Leppard?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
The band are playing tonight not yesterday
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 AM
hackster73's Avatar
hackster73 hackster73 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 03 Oct 2005
Location: Southampton, England
Age: 46
Gender: male
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
No setlist of lst night so far? Only blabla about Def Leppard?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
the show is tonight
__________________
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Elvistico Elvistico is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2003
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Gender: male
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
The band are playing tonight not yesterday
I must have been drunk oops!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 1,598
Post

Seen Whitesnake several time and in my opinion Coverdale is dreadful and the band is just a wall of noise to try and cover up his poor vocals.

Saw Def Leppard last year and they were fantastic. Had seen Joe struggle a few times over the years, but he was spot on. I also think Jovi are going to struggle to follow Leppard as their current A Game is well below Def Leppard's (again in my opinion).
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:57 PM
steel_horse75's Avatar
steel_horse75 steel_horse75 is offline
Senior Member
It's my post
 
Join Date: 29 May 2007
Location: Klopp Army
Age: 44
Gender: male
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Seen Whitesnake several time and in my opinion Coverdale is dreadful and the band is just a wall of noise to try and cover up his poor vocals.

Saw Def Leppard last year and they were fantastic. Had seen Joe struggle a few times over the years, but he was spot on. I also think Jovi are going to struggle to follow Leppard as their current A Game is well below Def Leppard's (again in my opinion).
I was suprised Def Lep were offered the slot. Ive never seen them live but my mates have and said there were great. Jovi - well Jon - are not.

Same with Skid Row - supporting in a few shows - They will blow Jovi off stage - and thats without Seb!
__________________
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:01 PM
james_d james_d is online now
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 439
Default

For their age Def Leppard are still pretty good. But they are still a shadow of their former self. My dad saw them 10 years ago and was a bit disappointed let alone now. Not a knock on them, it would be wrong to expect them to sound the same, but they certainly aren't on the same tier as band like Metallica or Iron Maiden as a live act these days.
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:17 PM
hackster73's Avatar
hackster73 hackster73 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 03 Oct 2005
Location: Southampton, England
Age: 46
Gender: male
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
I must have been drunk oops!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
nothing wrong with that!
__________________
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 1,598
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
For their age Def Leppard are still pretty good. But they are still a shadow of their former self. My dad saw them 10 years ago and was a bit disappointed let alone now. Not a knock on them, it would be wrong to expect them to sound the same, but they certainly aren't on the same tier as band like Metallica or Iron Maiden as a live act these days.
I saw them in 2008 and they were disappointing. Last year, they were phenomenal. Best I'd seen them since the early 90s.
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:09 PM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 55
Gender: female
Posts: 6,741
Default

I'd like to see the two bands do a song together. Not sure it will happen but would be cool.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:48 PM
ticos_stick's Avatar
ticos_stick ticos_stick is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 18 Sep 2002
Location: Inside Tico's Bass Drum
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 5,002
Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.



But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.



I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.
I'm not going to engage with with you when you're just going to make things up to suit your argument.

I didn't day Def Leppard sucked. I said they sounded too polished and synthetic.

Also, implying that Def Leppard are better than Whitesnake because they play bigger venues would imply that Bon Jovi are currently one of the best live acts in the world because they're playing stadiums.

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality. I feel like that's a rather obvious point to make but one you've clearly overlooked.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.