View Single Post

Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Are you by any means bipolar? You went to see a shit show this tour, said it was a great experience and then trash everything the band's ever done a day later by romancing the past to extreme measures so you can be sure whatever's going on now deserves no praise whatsoever.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
No, I'm not bipolar and I'm not saying this can't be a great night for anyone who's there.

I said Tallinn was a great show for the period (mostly due to These Days and Blood On Blood, which I had been wanting to hear since forever, but also due to Jon's still-continuing capabilities as a frontman). Yes, his vocals sucked ass on some songs, and he completely ran out of steam after Blood On Blood, but I don't think it ruined the experience for me.

However, the Stockholm gig a couple of days later was of EXTREMELY poor standard, as was Sonderborg, so after all me being relatively content with the Tallinn show was a short-lived bright spot in a sea of (mostly) turds and I don't think (m)any of us can argue over that Jon's voice was in a far better condition and the set lists contained way more of our favorite songs due to Jon's better vocals even as lately as in mid-2013. Or, honestly, could anyone of us think Jon would be able to pull off a song like TAALS nowadays? Well, he did it 6 years ago - not perfectly, but much, much, much better than he'd ever be capable of today:

https://youtu.be/fquzn8QHeQA