View Single Post

Old 06-24-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Man Standing

First post in a long time, hope everyone is keeping well ��

So I did Dublin night 2, Anfield, Wembley and Coventry last minute.

I had been quite underwhelmed by all the YouTube videos and set lists before the tour. I booked Anfield and Wembley on the basis of the new venues with Anfield and Wembley which in hindsight was a mistake. The venue doesn’t necessarily ever guarantee a better show. However I couldn’t know tick off “Bon Jovi at Wembley” box even as the line up now.

Dublin was my fave show. There’s a lot to be said for having a long 6 year break. I also took my other half who seemed to “get” my obsession a bit more too. Jon just loves Dublin and the RDS. Someday I’ll be sat night and IBTFY were fantastic, extended versions.

The crowds at Anfield and Wembley were immense they made the shows for me. However the “birthday songs for Paul” (a day late) were cringe to the max. It kind of annoyed me, they can learn a Beatles song but can’t be bothered to learn something from the back catalogue to please the fans that travel for them. Don’t get that.

Blood on Blood and Always were fantastic at Wembley and were worth the entry fee. However, it did seem like he rushed off the stage a bit at the end, maybe my expectations were far too high, I donÂ’t know.

Onto Coventry _ unfortunately this is where I saw where Jon is really struggling vocally and it made me really sad tbh. Bad medicine was the worst IÂ’ve seen, with people around me commenting about it. I knew at that point we were getting a 2 song encore . I still enjoyed the show donÂ’t get me wrong, he worked the crowd. Paul Walleris summed it up perfectly- Jon the singer is long gone but the showman is still very much alive.

Two other points, the company all week has completely made the tour once again. As well as meeting up with Deb and Thierry at Dublin. No matter what shows we get, we always have a blast.

Lastly Phil X - heÂ’s grown on me so much. He really gives everything every show and is owning that stage. Got to meet him on Thurs at the guitar tutorial, even tho everyone there were Bon Jovi fans who knew F all about playing guitar haha. He made a big joke of it and was so likeable. Unlike Shanks, the less said about him and his ego the better. For me, he does not belong on that stage.

Sorry to go off topic on this thread so much, didn’t think I deserved my own thread after being awol for so long ��

Last edited by Neurotica80; 06-24-2019 at 08:03 PM..