View Single Post

Old 11-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The problem here is that this was what made Bon Jovi special. Jon, at every point of his career, pushed himself to the absolute vocal limit to make the songs special. That's backfiring now. But what made me (and I guess many others) a fan was that Jon could deliver a song like rarely any other live. Bar some masterpieces, most songs of the band were solid to good in terms of the pure songwriting/songstructure. What made them special was that Jon could sing them in a way you even believed the most cheesy lines in there.

And, as someone pointed out, I am more concerned about him being unable to follow melody lines. He is 56, if he can't hit the very high notes, that's okay. But Who Says is a prime example of how he seems to go through hell to sing a mid-range melody. That's concerning me.

Well I guess than we have two different views here. Of course his voice is not all - in Munich 2013 it wasn't too great but the effort was fantastic. But if I pay something between 100 and 200 bucks for a show - of course I want to be pleased by the frontman. As I said - vocals are definitely not all, but I wan to feel comfortable and enjoy the music. I don't pay it so that I can go home saying "It didn't please me at all, but Jon was up there and smiling, so he was comfortable and I am good". Though some fans probably really see it that way.

My thoughts exactly. No doubt about it, Jon is suffering while singing and it is very uncomfortable to see and hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk