View Single Post

Old 11-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
I'm not so sure. As someone pointed out, if he knew this would be the last tour, they'd market it as such. Unless they think they make enough tickets and money anyways, which seems to be the case.

I'd still say the decline has stopped for now, instead he's making small improvements. Which makes sense, since he seems to have to relearn the songs to know which voice/technique to use for which lines/words. Will it get better to a tolerable level? Or will it get worse after improving a bit? Time will tell...

I sure hope this isn't the last tour, because I'd like my kids to see them and they're too small yet, but dig the music (THINFS and Roller Coaster, to be exact) very much.
I don't think even Jon could tell that by now, but he's more realistic than some fans. After his depression, I'm sure he wanted to get back to the routine of album/touring, but at the same time he's mentioned it more than before that touring is the part he clearly hates the most. Plus that interview in the Spiegel magazine in late 2016/early 2017:
Jon: "I told my wife we'd be going to tour..."
Dorothea: "Why?"
Jon: "To make some money..."
Dorothea: "That's a shitty reason"
Jon: "I realized that she was right. I need to find something to make it interesting for me as well..."
And I've never seen this guy more uncomfortable and insecure on stage than for big junks of the THINFS tour. Can't imagine what mental mountain he has to climb to get up to that mic night after night...