Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The official Runaway Tours Barcelona thread

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-28-2019, 10:56 PM
jon-flp's Avatar
jon-flp jon-flp is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 19 Dec 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Age: 30
Gender: male
Posts: 1,045
Send a message via MSN to jon-flp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Imagine being a Bon Jovi fan and the rarest Bon Jovi song you're getting is I'm Your Man.
But the I'm Your Man is not the BJ song. I think it's a cover from Leonard Cohen.

The rarest one in this case should be Summertime.
__________________
Posting in a room at the end of the world.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 08-28-2019, 11:28 PM
Gadden Gadden is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



It's been recorded and so was the rehearsal done in a Barcelona hotel. Jon rehearsed another new song as well and the lyrics for one of the new songs called "This Country I Believe In" have leaked as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Mind sharing it with us?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-28-2019, 11:36 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,760
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadden View Post
Mind sharing it with us?
I'll wait for someone else to post these. The last few times I posted something exclusive the topics turned into "IT'S A HOAX" and I've little interest in constantly trying to convince everyone it's real.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:02 AM
thesedays2014 thesedays2014 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 28 Feb 2014
Gender: male
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



Imagine being a Bon Jovi fan and the rarest Bon Jovi song you're getting is I'm Your Man. I've no idea how a Bon Jovi can do these cruises and still not feel they're being shit on.



No, I don't agree because his voice isn't "very listenable" to me. The way he sings Hallelujah only highlights his lack of skills and vocal flaws. There's nothing chilled out about the way he sings the verses with its odd breathing pauses and mispronunction of the words. How that stuff is listenable to anyone is beyond me. And ss for the other stuff he sings in a much lower key than usual; they're just flat out boring. He doesn't have the voice for it, he lacks the depth singers like Cohen or, dare I say it, Mark Knopfler have.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
So you’d much have the guy almost dying at a stadium show or the electric set you also moan about?

Comparing Jon to Cohen or Knopfler (better not dare) is just silly. Objectively compare stadium Jon to the acoustic clips. Boring? Go and watch Take That (no offence, Gary Barlow is a great songwriter and musician). Jon could
still have dignity in an acoustic session. Before you said he’d sound worse without a big band, now it’s just ‘boring’... I know being contradictory is your job on this forum but come on 😉
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,573
Default

It’s My Life and Prayer were sung by a fan on stage in each song, sounded higher lol, JBJ got jealous and started to sing higher too BUT................
A change in the key, makes wonders!
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:47 AM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,760
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
So you’d much have the guy almost dying at a stadium show or the electric set you also moan about?
I don't care either way. Electric, acoustic, on a banjo, with an Indian Pan Flute orchestra... Nothing will make it any better as he just can't sing anymore. You feel he sounds better but to me he doesn't. I hear just as many flaws in the way he sings low key as he does when he tries to do the higher chorusses. I've always had to turn off Hallelujah as it's just not sung well, it never was. Just because he isn't straining as much doesn't mean the other way around is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
Comparing Jon to Cohen or Knopfler (better not dare) is just silly.
No, it's not. Cohen was known for his iconic deep voice. Mark Knopfler's voice gets mentioned often in regards to his lack of ability to sing yet being fully capable of delivering due to his voice having grown into a warm, deep and soothing sound. Jon's voice was never iconic for being deep nor does it have the warmth of Mark Knopfler's voice. Whenever Jon sings in a low key he's just your average singer. He just doesn't have what Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Johnny Cash and Tom Waits had/have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
Objectively compare stadium Jon to the acoustic clips. Boring? Go and watch Take That (no offence, Gary Barlow is a great songwriter and musician).
Yeah, it's boring. You're trying to make more of these performances than they are as you're clearly not hearing all the issues he's got performing this way. He's not singing well. His breathing is off, he can't pronounce several words, struggles to string a sentence together and his timing is off. And in regards to your Take That argument; they're a better oiled machine than Bon Jovi are and better singers too. They could actually do an acoustic performance and do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
Jon could still have dignity in an acoustic session. Before you said he’d sound worse without a big band, now it’s just ‘boring’... I know being contradictory is your job on this forum but come on ��
Yeah, he sounds worse because his flaws are only highlighted due to him not being able to hind behind a wall of sound and 3 backing vocalists. It doesn't mean it'll suddenly give him more dignity as it won't. Playing in front of 50.000 people who clearly enjoy themselves gives him more dignity than doing small theaters playing songs no one cares for. One of the biggest selling points of your argument is him doing Hallelujah justice. A song, done by many, many, many other singers as it's incredibly hard to **** up. And yet he's never sung the line "The baffled king composing Hallelujah" correctly as he's out of breath by the time he gets there. These acoustic shows are full of flaws like these. The way he sings these songs he just sucks the energy right out of them.

By the time last tour ended he'd played in front of about 700.000 people of which, despite the shocking vocals, clearly most had a great time and would go again. And yet you want him to do small acoustic shows in theaters holding 2.000 people, meaning for the same amount of shows he'd play in front of 40.000 people. That's 660.000 people not buying a ticket. How does playing in front of less people give him more dignity? Because, according to you, he sounds better?

He doesn't. Because, like I've said multiple times by now, he can't sing anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:19 AM
PanosBonJovi's Avatar
PanosBonJovi PanosBonJovi is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2011
Location: Greece
Gender: male
Posts: 571
Default

Why don’t they play any of these songs live ? Damn it!
__________________
"Talk about a dream, try to make it real"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-29-2019, 10:17 AM
thesedays2014 thesedays2014 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 28 Feb 2014
Gender: male
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



I don't care either way. Electric, acoustic, on a banjo, with an Indian Pan Flute orchestra... Nothing will make it any better as he just can't sing anymore. You feel he sounds better but to me he doesn't. I hear just as many flaws in the way he sings low key as he does when he tries to do the higher chorusses. I've always had to turn off Hallelujah as it's just not sung well, it never was. Just because he isn't straining as much doesn't mean the other way around is better.



No, it's not. Cohen was known for his iconic deep voice. Mark Knopfler's voice gets mentioned often in regards to his lack of ability to sing yet being fully capable of delivering due to his voice having grown into a warm, deep and soothing sound. Jon's voice was never iconic for being deep nor does it have the warmth of Mark Knopfler's voice. Whenever Jon sings in a low key he's just your average singer. He just doesn't have what Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Johnny Cash and Tom Waits had/have.



Yeah, it's boring. You're trying to make more of these performances than they are as you're clearly not hearing all the issues he's got performing this way. He's not singing well. His breathing is off, he can't pronounce several words, struggles to string a sentence together and his timing is off. And in regards to your Take That argument; they're a better oiled machine than Bon Jovi are and better singers too. They could actually do an acoustic performance and do it justice.



Yeah, he sounds worse because his flaws are only highlighted due to him not being able to hind behind a wall of sound and 3 backing vocalists. It doesn't mean it'll suddenly give him more dignity as it won't. Playing in front of 50.000 people who clearly enjoy themselves gives him more dignity than doing small theaters playing songs no one cares for. One of the biggest selling points of your argument is him doing Hallelujah justice. A song, done by many, many, many other singers as it's incredibly hard to **** up. And yet he's never sung the line "The baffled king composing Hallelujah" correctly as he's out of breath by the time he gets there. These acoustic shows are full of flaws like these. The way he sings these songs he just sucks the energy right out of them.

By the time last tour ended he'd played in front of about 700.000 people of which, despite the shocking vocals, clearly most had a great time and would go again. And yet you want him to do small acoustic shows in theaters holding 2.000 people, meaning for the same amount of shows he'd play in front of 40.000 people. That's 660.000 people not buying a ticket. How does playing in front of less people give him more dignity? Because, according to you, he sounds better?

He doesn't. Because, like I've said multiple times by now, he can't sing anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
You can go around the world all you like, but acoustic Jon is in tune and he doesn’t look like he’s dying. That means it could be something to work on, unlike the silly stadium filling business he’s doing.

First you said he would sound worse acoustic, then just boring and now you’re saying he sounds just as bad. Forget your forum day job and admit it: he sounds better acousticly, and with a bit of work, it could be a good show.

Read your own words re Cohen and Knopfler...you own justifications are exactly why you can’t compare them to Jon 😉
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,760
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
You can go around the world all you like, but acoustic Jon is in tune and he doesn’t look like he’s dying. That means it could be something to work on, unlike the silly stadium filling business he’s doing.
No, acoustic Jon isn't in tune. You say there's something to work with but there isn't. If there was, he'd have been performing other songs but he's not, he's got to rely on the few songs that are in his range and thus you're wind up with these setlists he's doing on the cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
First you said he would sound worse acoustic, then just boring and now you’re saying he sounds just as bad. Forget your forum day job and admit it: he sounds better acousticly, and with a bit of work, it could be a good show.

Read your own words re Cohen and Knopfler...you own justifications are exactly why you can’t compare them to Jon ��
Yeah, he does sound worse acoustic if he'd perform the same songs he does when playing the stadiums. He doesn't though, as he knows he'd be fully exposed. If he'd do Born To Be My Baby acoustic his vocal flaws would be exposed a lot more as he can't hide behind a wall of sound coming from the band and the often poor acoustics of a stadium venue.

Whenever he does attempt one of the big hits he's singing them in a lower key, and thus sounds boring, making both performances just as bad. One is him bending over backwards to hit the right key, the other is sitting completely still singing the songs in a way that sucks the life right out of the songs.

However, your agenda seems to have changed from debating to "I will put this Supersonic guy in his place". If that's your motivation to post I'm out. You keep hammering the same points without actually taking into consideration that you're flat out wrong.


This is Living In Sin, done acoustic. He's flat and out of tune the first time he does the chorus and by the time he's doing it the second time it sounds just as painful. And that's with him avoiding the higher notes.

There's plenty of other examples on youTube. I'll Be There For You in Dublin sounds shit. Amen always sounds horrible. He struggles with the bridge of Joey. He can't sing Livin' On A Prayer or Wanted Dead Or Alive anymore. That's 4 big hits already out. But you think he should do a 1,5-2 hour acoustic shows to give him more dignity "and be a musician". So what would it be like according you? What sonds would he be able to play according to you? He did a 13 song setlist the last time he did an acoustic show and was flat and out of tune in 13 of those songs. I Will Drive You Home and Hallelujah are about the only ones he's capable of doing without struggling throughout the song, now it's up to you to come up with at least 15 other songs to make it to a 1,5 hour show. 3 of the biggest hits are already out. You say he's got something he can work with, you tell me what stuff he could do.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-29-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:18 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 5,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
You can go around the world all you like, but acoustic Jon is in tune and he doesn’t look like he’s dying. That means it could be something to work on, unlike the silly stadium filling business he’s doing.

First you said he would sound worse acoustic, then just boring and now you’re saying he sounds just as bad. Forget your forum day job and admit it: he sounds better acousticly, and with a bit of work, it could be a good show.

Read your own words re Cohen and Knopfler...you own justifications are exactly why you can’t compare them to Jon 😉
Really, what's your problem? I've seen you and BJFan99 multiple times trying to get Seb to admit that something sounds good. If you like it, good, but if you really need Seb's approval to build your self-esteem, then that's really sad.
And yes, he is out of tune in these shows as well in over 50% of the songs.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.