View Single Post

Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Imagine being a Bon Jovi fan and the rarest Bon Jovi song you're getting is I'm Your Man. I've no idea how a Bon Jovi can do these cruises and still not feel they're being shit on.

No, I don't agree because his voice isn't "very listenable" to me. The way he sings Hallelujah only highlights his lack of skills and vocal flaws. There's nothing chilled out about the way he sings the verses with its odd breathing pauses and mispronunction of the words. How that stuff is listenable to anyone is beyond me. And ss for the other stuff he sings in a much lower key than usual; they're just flat out boring. He doesn't have the voice for it, he lacks the depth singers like Cohen or, dare I say it, Mark Knopfler have.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
So you’d much have the guy almost dying at a stadium show or the electric set you also moan about?

Comparing Jon to Cohen or Knopfler (better not dare) is just silly. Objectively compare stadium Jon to the acoustic clips. Boring? Go and watch Take That (no offence, Gary Barlow is a great songwriter and musician). Jon could
still have dignity in an acoustic session. Before you said he’d sound worse without a big band, now it’s just ‘boring’... I know being contradictory is your job on this forum but come on 😉