View Single Post

Old 08-29-2019, 11:49 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
You can go around the world all you like, but acoustic Jon is in tune and he doesn’t look like he’s dying. That means it could be something to work on, unlike the silly stadium filling business he’s doing.
No, acoustic Jon isn't in tune. You say there's something to work with but there isn't. If there was, he'd have been performing other songs but he's not, he's got to rely on the few songs that are in his range and thus you're wind up with these setlists he's doing on the cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
First you said he would sound worse acoustic, then just boring and now you’re saying he sounds just as bad. Forget your forum day job and admit it: he sounds better acousticly, and with a bit of work, it could be a good show.

Read your own words re Cohen and Knopfler...you own justifications are exactly why you can’t compare them to Jon ��
Yeah, he does sound worse acoustic if he'd perform the same songs he does when playing the stadiums. He doesn't though, as he knows he'd be fully exposed. If he'd do Born To Be My Baby acoustic his vocal flaws would be exposed a lot more as he can't hide behind a wall of sound coming from the band and the often poor acoustics of a stadium venue.

Whenever he does attempt one of the big hits he's singing them in a lower key, and thus sounds boring, making both performances just as bad. One is him bending over backwards to hit the right key, the other is sitting completely still singing the songs in a way that sucks the life right out of the songs.

However, your agenda seems to have changed from debating to "I will put this Supersonic guy in his place". If that's your motivation to post I'm out. You keep hammering the same points without actually taking into consideration that you're flat out wrong.

This is Living In Sin, done acoustic. He's flat and out of tune the first time he does the chorus and by the time he's doing it the second time it sounds just as painful. And that's with him avoiding the higher notes.

There's plenty of other examples on youTube. I'll Be There For You in Dublin sounds shit. Amen always sounds horrible. He struggles with the bridge of Joey. He can't sing Livin' On A Prayer or Wanted Dead Or Alive anymore. That's 4 big hits already out. But you think he should do a 1,5-2 hour acoustic shows to give him more dignity "and be a musician". So what would it be like according you? What sonds would he be able to play according to you? He did a 13 song setlist the last time he did an acoustic show and was flat and out of tune in 13 of those songs. I Will Drive You Home and Hallelujah are about the only ones he's capable of doing without struggling throughout the song, now it's up to you to come up with at least 15 other songs to make it to a 1,5 hour show. 3 of the biggest hits are already out. You say he's got something he can work with, you tell me what stuff he could do.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-29-2019 at 11:54 AM..