View Single Post

Old 03-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB12 View Post
So I'm really curious about ticket prices too. I waited to buy my ticket for the show tonight in Denver until yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to wait for prices on Stubhub to drop real low and get better seats than I would have otherwise. But I happened to search the official venue seller Altitude Tickets, and I bought a 2nd row ticket aisle seat for $104 face value ($124 with fees). There were plenty of other floor seats available at this same price. In the past, I always sat in lower level seats but the prices were usually $200 plus for those. Why was this floor ticket, yet alone a 2nd row floor ticket, *only* $104? Did they slash ticket prices closer to the show in order to sell them, or were the prices on this tour really that much lower?
Prices did not start out that cheap. I’ve been watching tickets very closely to several shows. For Denver, SLC, Vegas and Little Rock, they have slashed ticket prices around a week or two before the show. The first 5 or 6 rows are typically $450-$550. Then the rows behind that are normally $350. I just read yesterday that Vegas was offering 1/2 price on all tickets. They just aren’t selling this time around. Venues drop prices as the show gets close.