View Single Post

Old 03-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Price of posting

I already said it in his day, and I bring it back, playing THINFS in its entirety even before releasing the album was a mistake for the new tour.

If Jon had not done those shows so soon, and had waited a few more months to delight us with a special night or secret show in which they play the whole album, this tour would have had the surprises of the new album. You know, there's always been a thrill of wanting to hear some songs from a new album live, Jon killed that feeling with London Palladium, Jersey and NY shows.

They could have used the album to change the set list with songs never before played live, damn it, until Bonus tracks, even playing some Burning Bridges songs could be exciting. Only with that, I would have refreshed the setlist enough and would have given the fans some joy.

They only played I Got The Girl and These Days. I do not understand why they can not play others like Wild In The Streets, One Wild Night, Everyday, Mistery Train ... and then there are the songs of New Jersey Deluxe, something as simple as a short and acoustic version of Backdoor To Heaven makes the night worthwhile, and then we have the box set 2004, you just have to release a song from that box set that has never been played live, and play the song some times on tour.

In short, they could have prepared 10 special songs and play them little by little as the tour develops.

However, two years later, we are at the same point. The best set list was that acoustic night where they played I Will Drive You Home, When We Were Beautiful, Living in Sin, Color Me In, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night and Amen. That's sad fuk.

That said, nice acoustic intro

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-17-2018 at 01:20 PM..