View Single Post

Old 02-17-2020, 10:46 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default Which show would you go on the Jersey tour?

30 years ago the legendary Jersey Syndicate Tour finished with a double show in Guadaljara.
Even though the setlists were quite predictable and got shorter in the fall of 1989 because of exhaustion. It's also wrongly remembered by some fans as the one when Jon shot his voice and needed steroid injections or what, which is not true. He may have sounded hoarse on some nights but his voice survived quite fine compared to what happened to it on SWW tour. Actually he may have got some injections to keep his voice going but I doubt it.
It's my favorite era of this band, the times when they really were the best band in the world and showed their musicianship, took the best of the 1980s and made it their own.

So the question to discuss If you had a time machine and could travel to one and only one show of that tour, which one would it be? The very first one in Dublin, or any of the New Year's Eve shows in Japan? Or Philly or San Diego 1989, or rather their phenomenal homecoming to the Giants Stadium in June 1989? Maybe the Moscow Music Peace Festival or Milton Keynes in August which was supposed to substitute for cancelled Castle Donnington festival. The European shows from the very end 1989 are also worth visiting, Rotterdam comes to mind.. or rather Australia? Some might prefer London and the incredible show on January 4 or would you rather wait six days to witness the supermegalegendary Hammersmith Odeon show? Or the very last show? There may be some fans who would rather wait for Xmas shows from the end of 1990 or the brief Japanese tour with amazing setlist which are all also counted to the Jersey era but then today wouldn be the anniversary of the end of the tour

I honestly don't know I need to think about it.

EDIT: Let's skip Hammersmith Odeon show and everything after Feb 17, 1990.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights

Last edited by Johny; 02-18-2020 at 07:47 PM..