View Single Post

Old 05-29-2019, 07:50 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Jon's a workaholic; but I think it's more than that. He could obviously do any number of things if simply staying busy was the only issue. But this is what he knows. He's always said there was no Plan B; and I honestly think he doesn't know what to do with himself if he isn't writing, recording, promoting, and touring. I've heard him say, several times, as various tours were close to wrapping up, that he's not going to get right back into another cycle because they all need a nice, long break. He comes home, takes a month off (if that) then it seems like he starts feeling antsy, bored, depressed, aimless ... whatever. So he starts writing - and the whole process starts again.

I agree that when he says he dislikes touring, he's probably referring to the travel part more than the performing; but I also think there's a familiarity and routine to the cycle, including the travel, that feels natural because he's lived that way for so long. I'm sure he gets tired of the whole thing, at times, but I believe he's still probably more comfortable with that than he is with being off the road and at loose ends.
He's a little runawaaaay... well, he once said his Valentine's present for his wife was to leave them and go on the road so maybe he's a pain in the neck at home and Dot & Co. are actually relieved when he leaves lol he also said it was Dot who basically raised their children and that she could live in a hut, this is how much she cares about luxury. It's JON'S need to be out there, loved, adored, lusted after. He needs attention, adrenaline and adulation *hello alliteration* more than financial success, although he did say that money is the only thing he loves more than his wife AND I do believe he constantly has something to prove despite all the fame and success but I believe it's something he feels subjectively, this is what drives him to write more and to do more again and again. Doubt it's passion for music anymore. He almost gave it up for a football team!