View Single Post

Old 03-19-2004, 05:21 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi

The G N R name is worth money, alot of money and if Axl has the right to use it then he will.
I'm not questioning his reasons. His motives are obvious.

I'm questioning the amount of attention given to it by the media and the public. I'm questioning the status MTV granted him on the Music Awards. This is the Axl solo project and enough information has been made public for people to know that he is the only remaining member. I'd understand if we were anticipating Guns And Roses rising from the ashes again with at least the band we were last left with on Use Your Illusion. Once people found out it was Axl alone, everyone should have stopped paying much attention just as they do with any other band.

You don't have MTV giving Tony Iommi's Black Sabbath the kind of Status they are giving Axl Rose's G N R (or any version post-Ozzy for that matter.) You don't have people eating up Motley Crue with John Corabi (don't attempt to justify the difference as being the lead singer, all four members of Motley Crue are very visible and recognizable, not Vince alone...or excuse the change of sound either..G n R's sound will be just as different and it's being eaten up anyway.0

Bunch of goddamn hypocrites. Some of those bands that had come down to just one member released some damn good albums...albums that could go head to head with the work the original line up had produced. But they were ignored PURELY BECAUSE IT WASN'T THE FULL ORIGINAL LINE UP!

That's my issue with this whole freakin farce.