Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Sammy Hagar Disses Van Halen

Other Bands

Old 09-11-2003, 02:46 PM
It's my post

Default Sammy Hagar Disses Van Halen

In the recent issue of Goldmine magazine, former Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar came clean on guitarist Eddie Van Halen's disappearing act. Commenting on bassist and jam partner Michael Anthony's take on the situation: "[Michael is] basically like everyone else out there," Hagar said. "He's completely lost touch with any of the Van Halen situation. He hasn't talked to any of those guys in maybe, I dunno, a year? Him and I are close now so I know all this stuff. It's basically, there is not a Van Halen. I mean, I hate to break the news to all these people (laughs), but there is not... And as far as I'm concerned, if there's no Sammy, no Mike, or no David Lee Roth in Van Halen, then there's Eddie and Alex Van Halen, and that is not Van Halen. I'm sure they're capable of putting together a great band, or doing great solo projects, whatever they decide to do. But I don't think that the world is going to buy it as Van Halen without at least two or more of the original members. So there really is no Van Halen." When asked about the statement former Van Halen manager Ray Danniels made that the main problem was that Eddie Van Halen has lost touch with the rock, Hagar replied, "Oh really? (laughs) That's an understatement. (laughs) He HAS lost touch. Otherwise, he'd be playing music. I mean the guy is a great musician. Not only does he play unbelievable guitar, he plays unbelievable keyboards of any kind... And the guy hasn't played music for I don't know how long. Something is really wrong. But yes, I'm really down on Eddie for wasting his life. I mean, maybe I don't know everything, but to me, you're a musician, you're a famous and great one. And your fans have been so loyal to you, you have to at least go and give a little bit. I mean, you can't be self-indulgent like that." Yikes, Sammy, tell us what you really think!

its just a really great record.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Blaze of Posting

Has this been posted before?It sounds very familiar to me!
Old 09-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Davesta

Quote:
Something is really wrong
Cancer would be my guess

"Per Ferrum, Ad Astra" - Dr Mel Siff
Old 09-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

(9/8/03, 3 p.m. ET) -- Former Van Halen vocalist Sammy Hagar told Goldmine magazine that at this point in time, "there is not a Van Halen." He said that bassist Michael Anthony has had no contact with guitarist Eddie Van Halen or drummer Alex Van Halen for a year, and that Eddie himself "hasn't played music for I don't know how long." While he says that the Van Halen brothers are both still capable of putting together a great musical project, Hagar added that, "If there's no Sammy, no Mike, or no David Lee Roth...that is not Van Halen."

Toto guitarist Steve Lukather, responding to a fan question on his band's official website, toto99.com, wrote that Van Halen has "an amazing record in the can and...are still looking for THE lead singer." Asked if he would consider taking the job, Lukather added, "I don't think I am the right guy, nor would I want the media heat and hate that would come my way."

Quote:
Cancer would be my guess
[5/07/02]: I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health - from head to toe. I wanted to share the good news with you immediately. And of course, I thank you all for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

All my love,
Eddie
Old 09-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Youth Gone Jersey

A new VH album would kick ass, they need a new singer, Seb Bach needs a job, it doesnt take a genius to work it out does it.....