View Single Post

Old 01-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey5150 View Post
Saw 'em live this past summer. Killer concert. Chinese Democracy had some real gems, but had plenty of filler as well. Talk of a new album is all fine and well but I doubt it'll ever happen. There's no market for it anyways. If CD wasn't a hit their next album certainly won't be either
That's not a fair statement. CD was a platinum level success. Even if you don't take the million copies best buy bought into account, the album has sold over a million copies in Europe. They also had second pressing that was offered at retailers other than best buy, and that sold out. (Idk how many copies that actually accounted for though)

CD wasn't the Madonna level success the label was banking on when they sunk 13 million into it and it wasn't the monster comeback fans were hoping for, but it's unfair to say it was unsuccessful.

It's also unfair to say it was a bad album. I loved it, and critics were generally positive about it. And most fans I talk to that trash it, haven't even listened to it. I think most people won't give them a chance because they blame Axl for the split of the original line up. And that's a shame, because those folks are missing out on an awesome rock album.
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001