Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
http://hmv.com/music/hmv-s-albums-of-2014-guns-n-roses

Considering the last Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, took a full 14 years to complete (writing began in 1994 when they still had more than one member of the band that recorded their seminal album Appetite for Destruction), it’s surprising that another album could be out a mere 6 years later. However, strong rumours have been swirling since the end of 2012 about an album in 2014 and certainly recording will have been taking place in between GnR’s sporadic, yet fairly constant, touring since 2008 so the notion isn’t as fanciful as it may seem…
There have not been strong rumours about a follow up at all. Every GnR die hard knows there just isn't a new album in the pipeline, and pretty much every band member seems to know it too.

These "new" stories about a possible new record are bogus, and in fact very similar to the stories about Chinese Democracy back in 2001, 7 years before the album would be released. The only difference is that this time no recording has taken place. Get it out of your head, the band has never written and/or recorded together. The only thing out there are outtakes from Chinese Democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
The band has officially announced a South American Tour, the unofficial news is that they are planning to release 3 new songs this year, possibly as part of the tour.
Nope. All that has been said is that the band are preparing to present 3 new songs during the South American tour. Whether they're actually new additions to the setlist (as in old songs from UYI), outtakes or cover songs has yet to be specified. Nothing has been said about releasing new stuff, as far as I'm aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
"At the rate they're going, we're going to see democracy in China BEFORE we see Chinese Democracy." *
-- Rocknation (mid-1990s)

*Released in 2008
Yeah...You were not exactly the only one with such a remark...

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan