View Single Post

Old 01-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

There have not been strong rumours about a follow up at all. Every GnR die hard knows there just isn't a new album in the pipeline, and pretty much every band member seems to know it too.

These "new" stories about a possible new record are bogus, and in fact very similar to the stories about Chinese Democracy back in 2001, 7 years before the album would be released. The only difference is that this time no recording has taken place. Get it out of your head, the band has never written and/or recorded together. The only thing out there are outtakes from Chinese Democracy.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Dude, after the nightmare that it's been to be a GNR fan since '98, I get and understand the skepticism, and I myself am not holding my breathe. However, objectively, there really have been strong indications that they are working on a new record. Several band members have said as much, several articles say they have been postponing shows since late '13 to get more studio time, DJ and Dizzy tweeted a picture of themselves in the studio last year, On Jimmy Kimmel Axl said a new record wouldn't take as long as CD did, and we've been starting to get leaks - most of them CD remixes, but we also got a new song 'Goin' Down'.

The only band member who says anything to the contrary is Bubblefoot; he says nothing new is coming but he's made no secret that he doesn't think songs recorded a decade ago are new. So that could mean that they've been in the studio recently, finishing up, or updating old material. Which is fine by me, I'm dying to hear those chinese leftovers, and if it hasn't been heard, as far as I'm concerned, it's a new record.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not holding my breathe. The band has a bad track record of almost comebacks and disappointing fans. But the signs are there that something is happening. So I'm bring cautiously optimistic.
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001