Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Adele album coming soon?

Other Bands

Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default Rumor Has It... New Adele album coming soon?

It has been three years since the release of Adele's hit-filled album 21 came out. Earlier this month, the UK crooner teased a follow-up in a photo posted to Twitter that read "Bye bye 25... See you again late in the year x," complete with a thumbs up and a smile. The post seemed to suggest that her next album would be titled 25, and according to the Daily Star (via Refinery 29,) the it could drop at any moment.

The trend of releasing an album without warning has become popular among chart-toppers after Beyoncé surprised the world by releasing her album without any promotion. Now, sources connected with Adele suggest that she could be the next to do so, saying the album "could be released tomorrow if she wanted."

"The plan is to release internationally on iTunes as a complete surprise without any previous promotion or build-up publicity campaign," the source said. "The shock tactics worked amazingly well for Beyoncé and the feeling is Adele's new album is so widely anticipated it doesn't need a long promotional build-up."

An artist has to be pretty big to pull off big sales without promotion prior to the release. Adele is definitely that kind of star considering her last album produced some of the biggest hits of the decade, earned her six Grammys, and sold almost 30 million copies.

Adele has not yet decided on a release date, but when she does, only a handful of people will know as to keep it a surprise. Ryan Tedder and Phil Collins confirmed that they worked on the album.

The Daily Star suspects that the album will drop in October or November with a supporting tour scheduled for 2015.

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/6...g-album-25.htm
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001

Last edited by Raz0r; 07-21-2014 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Livin' on a Post

(CNN) -- An international music awards show announced a new Adele album Tuesday -- but nothing's happening, says her label chief.

The confusion started with a tweet from the World Music Awards, an international contest that has been broadcast from such locales as Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Monaco.

#adele confirms 2015 Tour After The Release Of Her New Album '25'!
— World Music Awards (@WORLDMUSICAWARD) July 15, 2014
In a tweet, the show said, "#adele confirms 2015 Tour After The Release Of Her New Album '25'!"

Not so fast, said Martin Mills, who heads Beggars Group. Adele's label, XL Recordings, is a subsidiary of Beggars Group.

There's "no truth in this," he told Billboard.

So what's the deal with the World Music Awards? It may have gotten attention for the tweet, but Billboard observed that the contest is "something of a curiosity on the international awards calendar." The American broadcast of its 2014 show was supposed to run on NBC but didn't because of "technical issues."

Adele herself has said little. She did hint in May that a new work could be in the offing, but her Twitter account has mostly been silent, with just three tweets since that May 4 post.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/showbi...-25/index.html
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001