Thread: Pink Floyd
View Single Post

Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Dry County

I did see Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon and more. What an outstanding show that was. The sound, incredible !!
I bought the Live in Gdansk Box (2cd+1dvd) of David Gilmour but I must say you hardly hear the orchestra playing along and the version of Comfortably Numb isn't that great as well. I prefer the solo of the Gilmour on PULSE and Albert Hall way more.

What my suggestion for you to get is:
- David Gilmour - Live at Royal Abert Hall (The sound is badly mixed though. You have to turn the volume of your system to maximum in order to hear something)
- Pink Floyd - P.U.L.S.E. * Is standing far above all other DVD's when it comes to sound, songs, lights and experience
- Roger Waters - In The Flesh Live (2CD or 1DVD, you choose. I have both)

Both are dvd's. I don't have any Pink Floyd CD's atm except Echoes (poor compilation) and the Super Audio Version (DTS) of Dark Side of the Moon.
I always prefer live shows more. I rip the audio of those live-shows and put it on CD myself or place it on my iPhone.
The last thing that I saw that was stunning was 'Echoes' on the Gdansk-DVD. What I didn't like was that they didn't put the entire show on the DVD and it has no DTS Surround but only Dolby Digital 5.1.

Get PULSE Gold, you will love it. Roger Waters left PF at that time but the show is very very very good. Sorrow, Run Like Hell, Coming Back to Life etc. etc.

Why are you still reading this? Go buy PULSE !

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Last edited by Thunderstrucker; 10-15-2008 at 12:24 PM..