Thread: Pink Floyd
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

I went out and saw a tribute band called "The Spirit Of Pink Floyd" last night.

My parents have seen The Australian Pink Floyd - so I'm envious of them. One of my tutors at my last college saw the real Pink Floyd - so I'm very envious of him. He even used to wash the drummer's car!

But this one I saw were great. The musicians were brilliant, but the lead vocalist was dodgy to begin with, but as the show went on he got a lot better and started to shine (on you crazy diamond ).

They did a brilliant "Hey You", which is my favourite Floyd song so I'm glad they did it justice. They followed that one up with Run Like Hell which was one of the highlights, that was the last song of the first part of the show and I could hear people at the bar saying "what was that last song they played?". They really did give perfect it.

The second half opened with a great Shine On You Crazy Diamond. One of the encores involved The Great Gig In The Sky where the female guitarist did the lead vocals, she nailed it.

Wish You Were Here got everyone singing. The lead guitarist did a MINDBLOWING solo on Comfortably Numb, which could only be bettered by Gilmour himself. Then it ended with The Happiest Days Of Our Lives/Another Brick In The Wall (part 2) which involved a classroom of kids entering the stage and singing - it was great.

I really enjoyed it.

Now I'm on a massive Floyd kick again - I'm gonna lay down on my bed and listen to Dark Side Of The Moon later in complete darkness. The perfect thing to do before going to see Amy Macdonald of all people live tommorow...