View Single Post

Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
However Seb, you have posted quite a heartfelt defense of them. Since I tend to share many of your musical opinions I will give them another listen. I like their sound most of the time but the live show really turned me off.
That tour they did with the Black Crowes wasn't exactly a brilliant tour either. It was a tour on which they both were in the middle of a divorce if I remember correctly and their latest album had failed, both critically and among fans, and they thought their own album wasn't as good as they thought. In fact, the era 1998-2001 is a bit like a blur, most shows were shit and included many fall outs because they got caught up in their own hype. 2002 was the year when the tide was turning and Oasis got back to form.

Also, the crowd is a big part of an Oasis experience. If the crowd is shit, the show is shit. They're being fed by the energy of the crowd. And an American crowd just isn't up for Oasis. Sad but true. You should check out youtube and check these things:

Those performances show that when Oasis are on the peak of their form they're immense. There's no band I've seen that gets a crowd going like Oasis does in the UK. Yes, Bon Jovi's got their Prayer and Bad Name's, but never, ever, does a crowd lose it there like they do when Oasis perform Cigarettes & Alcohol. When they're performing for a British crowd it changes the whole show. I think it's a bit like Bon Jovi playing in New Jersey. It's a different experience.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan