View Single Post

Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
Funny thing is, Seb, 'Supersonic' is probably one of my least favourite popular Oasis tracks.
I'm not too keen on the studio version but the live versions of the song they did during the Be Here Now and SOTSOG tours were what got me into Oasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
And I think Liam is often quite dreadful live, especially the two times I have seen them play personally.
I know. He still thinks he's the bollocks though but I think it was Noel who called him a pub singer at best after his vocal performance on the Brit Awards. On Oasis forums they call him Kermit The Frog when he's giving a shit performance. Sadly, that's quite often lately. I don't get it though, he sounds brilliant on every demo, even the ones that aren't worked on. Hopefully he'll sort it but I'm not getting my hopes up with that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
How do people here rate Heathen Chemistry? I've been listening to that album alot recently, and it's probably my favourite Oasis post-2000 album.
I still remember where I heard The Hindu Times for the first time and thought it was shit. It wasn't untill I had bought the single that I realized how brillaint the song was, and that b-side Idler's Dream is a true beauty.

Heathen Chemistry is the first original Oasis album I bought and what made me a fan. It's the album that made me buy their entire back catalogue in probable less than a month. Back then I used to play Heathen Chemistry about 3 times a day, on my busdrive to school, during college lessons and on the busdrive home. All on the good old DiscMan. Although I nowadays am able to see it wasn't as brilliant as I thought it was there's still a lot of top songs on it. I still feel it's underrated. The Hindu Times, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Little By Little, all quality songs.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan