View Single Post

Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Aye aye aye.

Man, I always hated The Beatles, overated and overblown by miles. Well, I always loved I Want To Hold Your Hand and She Loves You, but apart from them two I couldn't stand The Beatles. When I was a kid I was an Elvis guy, loved him so much, he was my Beatles, he was the one who could do know wrong to me, he was like my first musical obsession.

Oh and it didn't help that when I was around 10 my hairdresser gave me one hell of a bloody awful moptop haircut, I looked like I could have been in The Beatles, so seeing their pictures everywhere always reminded me of that tough period of time

But in the last year or so I downloaded I Want To Hold Your Hand and She Loves You...oh and Smells Like Teen Spirit but that isn't a Beatles song. But yeah I downloaded them and remembered how catchy and awesome they were.

And bit by bit I'd check out more of their stuff. I learned that they were the band to do Let It Be and With A Little Help Of My Friends. Help was a song I soon discovered and instantly fell in love with, along with My Guitar Lies Weeping In My Arms. Helter Skelter soon followed. Oh and then I began liking All You Need Is Love, a song I spent my life hating.

Then I heard Here Comes The Sun, a beautiful song. I Am The Walrus and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds also became songs I'd enjoy. Hey Jude however, though I don't skip it if it happens to play, it's not a song I look for just to put on.

So yeah, now I love them I don't have any of their albums yet but I just know that they'll be a band who's music I will enjoy looking forward to buying once I start getting their albums, much how I feel about Bon Jovi and a few other bands/artist.

Oh but do not worry Elvis, for I still love you too.