Thread: U2 review
View Single Post

Old 06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to father_time Send a message via Yahoo to father_time
Default Re: U2 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi

I've heard people saying the sound was bad in the manchester gigs and considering it;'s a stadium i wasn't too surprised but IMO the sound was diabolical.
didnt seem anything wrong with the sound@manchester...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi

Bonon wasn't as bad as i expected with regards to his preaching, he made a coupla comments about making poverty history and I had to kinda laugh when he said "6000 people a day die of mosquito bites in the world" i was thinking 60,000 people a day pay you n co 50 quid and up to sing, i dont even want to imagine how much that stage cost and the edge's gear cost upwards of 20 grand at least. don't preach to me about how we should help the poor boy.

when singing sunday bloody sunday they had co-exist come up on the screens with the crescent moon of Islam making the C, the star of David making the X and the cross making the T and it was just tacky IMO. surely someone turned round n thought, listen that just looks stupid bono mate. or maybe that's just me.
how can you slag bono off for "preaching"?!

he's one of the few musicians that are actually prepared to try and do something about the sh*t in this world. How much he gives to charity (and i guess rather a lot) isnt the point - do you see Jon working his ass off trying to slash third world debt?!

I was at manchester, and considering how politically charged a lot of their songs are (not in "socially aware" Bounce sense i.e. bollocks), one kind of expects a strong message.

We should give him and Geldoff credit for trying to do something:

30,000 children day a day in Africa.
And I keep my soul in Maria's bed"

Maria's Bed - Bruce Springsteen