View Single Post

Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Killer Queen
Slippery When Wet

Ah... Queen.... my first love! I've been a Queen fan since 1989.. although I loved them way before that.. always remember singing Bicycle Race with my sister when I was about 4!!! Anyway, it was I want it all for me.. Freddie's voice, Roger's drumming.. WOW!!! There is no one song that I love more than another, I think all of them have something and can fit any mood I am in. I'm not a great fan of Crazy little thing called love - don't know, it just never did it for me. But if I had to name a couple:

Hammer to Fall
One Year of love
Keep Yourself Alive
39 (live version in Hyde Park is the best!)
Sheer Heart Attack
Killer Queen
Somebody to love
Tie your mother down

I also love Roger's solo work - I still believe Fun in Space and Strange Frontier were very underrated, but so was The Cross. I had the privilege of seeing them live a few times (and meeting Roger - really nice guy!!) and they were amazing. I used to go to the Queen convention every year and that was so much fun... a whole weekend of Queen music.. can life get any better.
I was devastated when Freddie died... actually stayed home from school I was so upset. We lost a brilliant musician when he died, his talent was amazing.
Queen were a great band. I've seen Roger and Brian with Paul Rodgers and that is NOT Queen! Queen is all 4 members...
And Brian has always been a sanctimonious sh*t...

Well it ain't no secret
I've been around a time or two
Well I don't know baby maybe you've been around too
Well there's another dance
all you gotta do is say yes
And if you're rough and ready for love
honey I'm tougher than the rest