Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Whitesnake News

Other Bands

Old 02-01-2004, 04:27 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Default Whitesnake News

For those who care, I checked the M3 web site today for news on the live album....apparently it's already available and can be ordered online at their site.

If you don't know what I'm talking about....this isn't Whitesnake with David Coverdale..but rather Whitesnake with Bernie Marsden, Micky Moody, and Neil Murray, 3 members of the original incarnation of Whitesnake. Tony Martin (Black Sabbath) is the vocalist standing in for Mr Coverdale. While many might groan and wonder what the point is with out David singing...keep in mind his version of Whitesnake barely ventures pre-Slide It In when it comes to live performances. So if you want Walking In the Shadow of the Blues or Ready and Willing, you gotta go to these guys. Also...for those who really know their Snake history..you can go ape sh** over the fact the live album also includes Young Blood and Child of Babylon...both never performed live by the original line up. The website is www.classicwhitesnake.com

You'll also find live videos of Walking in the Shadow of the Blues and Love Hunter for download.

Finally..there is also a new Whitesnake compiliation coming out Feb 24th...."Whitesnake, The Early Years." For US fans, I wasn't able to verify if it's being released here...one can only hope..as a compiliation like this would help educate the US about their more glorious history. The best part is the tracks are all remastered. The worst....there are some glaring omissions like Crying in the Rain (the original....not the noisy relatively soul-less USA version) and some choices are a bit perplexing. But overall it's a winner from what I have seen. Finally I'll be able to replace my flat versions of Child of Babylon and Wine Women An Song. with what should be a more dynamic release.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:32 AM
Runaway

WOW! That's great..

But I don't get it.. Whitesnake without David Coverdale?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:44 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by [V
[ister Big Time]WOW! That's great..

But I don't get it.. Whitesnake without David Coverdale?
For whatever reason, David won't work with the original group. When presenting Whitesnake in the US, he pretty much handles it as if the first album was Slide It In..which actually was the first in the US. Also, to the US...David IS Whitesnake..with a revolving door of musicians.

The fact is...Whitesnake was originally David Coverdale, Micky Moody, Bernie Marden and Neil Murray with a revolving roster filling the Keyboards and Drums for 7 albums (6 studio and 1 live album). Slide It In was the first album without that line up intact. Actually, there are two versions of that album with a different sound and track order. Personally, I prefer the US version as it has more "oomph" in it's sound, while prefering the UK version track order. It seems to capture that mix of classic Whitesnake with a more modern sound whereas the 1987 album began to take it a bit too far with the modernization and went over the top and out of bounds with Slip of the Tongue (let's not even get started on the look that was introduced with 1987.)

But anyway, back on point.....on one hand it's wierd to have a version of Whitesnake without David..but those 3 guys do have as much right to the legacy as David....as they also wrote the songs, too. And since David is ignoring anything pre-Slide It In except for the occasional performance of Walking in the Shadow of the Blues and Ain't No Love In The Heart of the City on non-US dates last year....someone needs to fill the gap. To some people in the UK...Whitesnake without Micky Moody, Bernie Marden and Neil Murray is just as bizarre as Whitesnake without David Coverdale.

Whew...I'm done
Old 02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Runaway

Here I go again..
Well good point mate. I have to add that look of the band from 1987 was quite good.. actually.

It's a kind of strange for any band to listen without lead singer... A few can notice if the bass player or the drummer have been replaced, but as for the singer.. things aren't the same, and in my opinion, that's the problem.

Anyways, we'll wait for CD to give critics.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Posting Always

cheers for all that info, sounds good!

I love Slide it in and Slip of the tongue but not too keen on 1987.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Born to be my Baby

go on www.whitesnake.com you'll find two tracks to download from the vaults of Mr. Coverdale: "All The Time In The World" and "As Long As I Have You". these two songs were recorded in 2000 for the "Into Light" album but didn't make it on the record (no reason explains it).
the original members are playing in Company Of Snakes, where Jorn Lande, one of the new sensation in hard-rock/ heavy metal world, was singing. everybody says he's the new Coverdale. all I say is "come on! Dave is ten times better than him."
I hope David will head soon in a studio to record a new album
Old 02-07-2004, 09:20 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter
the original members are playing in Company Of Snakes, where Jorn Lande, one of the new sensation in hard-rock/ heavy metal world, was singing. everybody says he's the new Coverdale. all I say is "come on! Dave is ten times better than him."
This is old news and incorrect. M3's original banner was under Company of Snakes...but the info I gave above is what has been going on the last year. Company of Snakes has since disbanded.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Breakout

Default Thanks

Thanks, for the Links!!! Whitesnake Kicks Ass!! But not without DAVID!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
cheers for all that info, sounds good!

I love Slide it in and Slip of the tongue but not too keen on 1987.
Well "1987" is a Whitesnake classic, evergreen album. Like Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet