View Single Post

Old 11-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
I enjoy Bon Jovi's music, so surely I should be allowed on their message board. I just think hair metal was a shit genre/style, and unless you count Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi were the only decent band to emerge from it.
I'm not sure what Danfan was getting at but it's pretty obvious you enjoy Bon Jovi's music so therefore, you should no doubt post here (plus I enjoy reading your posts). It shouldn't matter whether you like or dislike artists that were "hair bands".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
I know Oasis aren't particularly big in the US (not that they really care) but they can still sell out Madison Square Garden and get their album to number 5 in the charts there. And I dunno about America, but the other bands I listed are big in the UK and in other countries, so surely they're big bands? If Blur reunited I'm sure they'd be playing some generously sized arenas Stateside anyway.
I agree. One does not have to be big in America to be a big band and Oasis are a great example. They are plenty bands that are big without being big in America. Likewise, there are many successful and big acts in America that are no where close to being big in the rest of the world ie. country and rap stars.