Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Why Nickelback is the worst popular band right now.

Other Bands

Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
Keep trying kid, one day you will manage to actually say something vaguely intelligent.
Thank you, you took the words right out of my mouth. Finally someone says it like it is. Erik it's time to will say something vaguely intelligent rather soon than later or I'm afraid I will start siding with the Nickelback fans whenever we're on Skype.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Yeah okay. Tell me WHY he's terrible. He's a 19 year old kid with a bit of an attitude because he has lots of money. Other than that, he has good morals and the songs he makes are catchy and are made for pop music. Despite what people say, he CAN sing and he is a very talented musician, being able to comfortably play many instruments competently from the drums, the guitar and even some brass instruments. Just because YOU don't like him, doesn't mean he doesn't have talent, because he does.

Why does Nickelback suck?

They're a sexist bunch of pigs ripping off songs whilst still managing to make them sound like they're the biggest asshats in the music business. It's an undisputed fact that Chad Kroeger is a major douchebag, even more so that Jon. The lyrics are so God awful and vomit inducing. Both ballads and their "rockers". And all of their rock songs are about how many chicks they've banged or how some girl has something in her mouth. They're crude, unimaginative and I am extremely ashamed that not only do they hale from my country, but an hour away from my city. If you or anyone wants to associate yourself with that crap then I probably will judge you as not only are they a boring, unimaginative band, they're quite disgusting and act like complete douchebags on and off the stage. Chad isn't even that talented. He can scream. And he knows how to drop F bombs constantly. Whoop di doo.
Why didn't you just say that all first then? Helps argue your viewpoint a lot more.
Bieber's songs may be ''catchy'' but so is gonorrhea :/ Plus all you said in that paragraph I could say about many other artists.

On to Nickelback, yes they can write daft immature dumb lyrics, Chad seems to be a bit of a clown and you either love or hate his voice, several of their singles sound the same PLUS he has one of those faces you want to punch. But they got some good tunes, and I saw them 3 times one summer with Bon Jovi and enjoyed their set. I could think of a LOT worse bands - Nickelback are just seen as cool to hate on, just like Bieber actually. And to a lesser extent Bon Jovi. They are nowhere near as bad as what the hate they receive suggests.
And not all their lyrics are bad ''If today was your last day'' is a great and meaningful song, one that modern day JBJ wish he could write (it's a 'live your life' song without the Jovi-isms).
I think their dumb songs, the ones with all the sexual innuendos, are no worse than some bands from the 70/80s who were just as bad. And their production these days make them sound very Def Leppard, which I don't mind. Each album of their usually has one or two good tracks on them, the rest being average. Certainly not the worst music I've ever heard.

Andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
We should expect a fight here... Andi is a Nickelback fan!
''Fan'' is such a strong word skoggywoggs, I like some of their tunes and am bewildered at the amount of hate they receive. They're not *that* bad like! Photograph and How you remind me are good, and that's a fact. Just checked in my factbook of facts.

Andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
Every country has a bad side. Germans had Hitler, canadians have Nickelback.
This made me laugh probably more than it should've.

Nickelback does suck, but the hating is so old now, being honest. They haven't even done anything much the past year. I obviously don't keep up with their news, but it seems like their popularity may be waning.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery

Its hip to hate on them.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Yeah okay. Tell me WHY he's terrible. He's a 19 year old kid with a bit of an attitude because he has lots of money. Other than that, he has good morals and the songs he makes are catchy and are made for pop music. Despite what people say, he CAN sing and he is a very talented musician, being able to comfortably play many instruments competently from the drums, the guitar and even some brass instruments. Just because YOU don't like him, doesn't mean he doesn't have talent, because he does.
I've listened to Justin Bieber and it's easy to write catchy pop songs when he has forty-one writers (yes, ****ing 41) per album to help you write. Also, his voice sounds robotic and auto-tuned to the most in every single song. How the hell does that means "tallented"?

Quote:
They're a sexist bunch of pigs ripping off songs whilst still managing to make them sound like they're the biggest asshats in the music business. It's an undisputed fact that Chad Kroeger is a major douchebag, even more so that Jon. The lyrics are so God awful and vomit inducing. Both ballads and their "rockers". And all of their rock songs are about how many chicks they've banged or how some girl has something in her mouth. They're crude, unimaginative and I am extremely ashamed that not only do they hale from my country, but an hour away from my city. If you or anyone wants to associate yourself with that crap then I probably will judge you as not only are they a boring, unimaginative band, they're quite disgusting and act like complete douchebags on and off the stage. Chad isn't even that talented. He can scream. And he knows how to drop F bombs constantly. Whoop di doo.
Well, Andi have said pretty much everything I wanted to say. But, for god's sake, you feel so insulted because they have sexists songs when there're girls dancing and singing "Whistle" by Flo Rida every saturday night and that song is about doing a blowjob. Chill out. Also, not every song they have is about sex. I can't recall Too Bad being about it, neither Never Gonna Be Alone, but well, that's your opinion.
And Nickelback doesn't suck that much as everyone says, they are not that bad: they do pretty good songs and play well live. Why all the hate? I'll never get it, as it's been said before, I think people insult Nickelback just because it's cool to do it.
And This Means War and Lullaby from the lastest Nickelback album rocks more and is a better ballad, respectively, than anything Bon Jovi have done in the last 10 years.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Blaze of Posting

If you hate them why bother making a topic on them?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Blaze of Posting

The best thing I could say about Nickelback is that live they sound almost exactly like on the record. Which I guess could also be a bad thing depending how you look at it. I never got all that into them because they bored me for the most part, even though some of the songs are catchy, but I stand by whoever mentioned earlier that I never got the hate for them either. It's like one day someone decided it was cool to hate them and a LOT of people followed.

When it comes to Justin Bieber, I still have yet to listen to a full song by the kid (No I don't listen to radio except a Rock station sometimes and Pandora) so my main exposure to him is all the hate he gets around the net lol...
Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

So many people hate or diss Nickelback because they're pretty much all bad ingredients of several music acts packed into one band. There's something to hate for everyone.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post

Every country has a bad side. Germans had Hitler, canadians have Nickelback.
Hitler's Austrian
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON

Tags
nickelback