View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
All depends how you define canon really - if you're just saying that the films are the canon and that's it then fine, but personally I don't see why 20+ years worth of fully licensed books and comics should just be ignored.

Lucas acknowledges it and nicks from it anyway ... for example the name of the planet Coruscant was first given in Timothy Zahn's trilogy, and then became a part of the "official" canon in The Phantom Menace

As far as I know they've said they're not going to adapt any of the Expanded Universe material for the screenplay, but that doesn't mean that they should ignore its existence
Yea I always thought that the movies were "official" canon and the novels/tv shows/video games etc were like secondary canon, which, as good and accurate as they me be, would still just be open to interpretation like the Doctor Who novels for example.

I'm sure they'll at least achknowledge the E.U. here and there though, even though E-VII will be a completely original story. It's all still up in the air though as far as us fans are concerned. I've still got high hopes about the new trilogy.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.