Old 04-29-2004, 02:07 AM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to MoosieFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosieFate
*!*!*!*! SPOLIER *!*!*!*!

I believe the Pei Mei scenes were important. It might not've been so obvious and clear to as why she has all that determination, strength and ability. That scene shows were, why, and how she has all that kick-assing ability she shows in Vol 1 -- Sure, she was a good at fighting before she was taught by Pei Mei (shown in their first duel), but not good enough to beat the Crazy 88's and everyone else.

The wood punching was very important in not only that scene, but also another. If she could punch through the wood, then she was ready and finished with her training; It's just like the old Samuri movies, where the student must overcome something, in order to signify the end of training. Whether it be snatching a fly from the masters hand, creating something quickly and presicly, getting a hit on the first try, etc.

Without the wood punching, how would the audience be able to comprehend the coffin scene? If we hadn't been shown how much time, practice, will power, and pain she had to endure during training; I think that scene wouldn't have played out believable, and it definitly wouldn't have been so dramatic as it was. .
Yeah, I think Volume 2 is a great example for how movies are composed. Everything has it's utility within the story, be it ever so ridiculous but Tarantino-cool, the scene and its editing in front of the chapel where Beatrix talks to Bill for example.
Pei Mei chapter explains how and why she got out of there, and it was very obvious that the 5 finger thing would be what kills Bill because the scenes where they talked about it would have been useless if it would not have come up again at the end.
Plus almost everything is a rendition to another movie. That's what's so cool about Tarantino, in my eyes, he is a film freak and no one steals so elegantly from other films like him.
I agree.

The scene with her and Bill in front of the chapel is just so wonderful! It's edited beautifully and skillfully -- making it far more suspenseful and dramatic then if traditionally edited. It's freakin amazing.

I love Tarantino movies so much; they aren't 'hollywoodized' and aren't for a commercial audience. I read somewhere that he said that it's the most expensive b movie ever made. When he takes aspects of movies he loves, he doesn't just recreates it; he re-imagines it to his own logic and his own style. And the outcome is beautiful; especially for Vol 2 -- a fcking beautiful film, one of the best i've seen ever in my life...maybe even the best, actually. It's so dynamic, different, and stylized. It's wonderful.