Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Come Back As Me

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Default Come Back As Me

This one was shared by Nikki Lund last night on Twitter, (I don't know if its already posted it somewhere else but I doubt it). Never released before song. Regarding to her tweet this one is yet to be released. Richie Sambora promised new material, probably he works on another solo album too? I heard it in an interview that he got some new songs etc.

Nikki Lund ‏@1NikkiLund 8h
Listen up! Check out this brand new yet to be released song by @therealsambora "Come Back As Me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmYX...ature=youtu.be … ~ It rocks!

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora
Since everybody was diggin stuff figured I'd lay something new on ya. And the lyric is pretty timely....

Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 AM
Jovi FANatic

I don't hate it like a lot of people here do. I just see it being a missed opportunity. It's not a good song, but there is promise and several interesting aspects that we haven't heard from Bon Jovi. I like the drum loop and scaled back, yet good guitar work. The melody isn't bad, but the "Me" at the end of the chorus sounds like "Meeeuuhhh" which is annoying.

The lyrics work better on paper than it does in the song, which leads me to believe that it needs a little work in both rewriting and tweaks in melody. But even on paper it is weak and juvenile lyrically.

The Elvis and God lyric bothers me in particular. God just doesn't fit with other music icons like Elvis and Sinatra and Dean... If it was me, instead of Elvis and God, I'd used Lennon and Paul. But that's just me.

Reworked and reworked again, it could have been a real breath of fresh air for Bon Jovi and a pretty good song.

I miss the days when Bon Jovi would demo a song and rework it until it was perfect. This song only proves that Jon and Richie are stronger together than they are apart. Richie seems that he really wants to produce creative music and Jon seems like he really wants to keep touring... seems like a perfect combination to me. Write a song together, fire Jon Shanks, let Richie be creative, let Jon be in charge of quality control... I wish they'd work their issues out and produce a great, creative, original album together.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...

Last edited by bounce442; 07-29-2013 at 09:03 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 PM
These Days

What a joke of a song. The chorus might have potential if it wasn't so ruined with effects and autotune. The sound of the song is as pathetic as the message he's trying to send.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Born to be my Baby

The song has a polarizing effect: Some love it, some hate it. I think that's to be expected from a song that isn't really the style we're used to hearing from Richie.
I don't love the song, but I don't hate it either. I really like the lyrics and I appreciate his willingness to experiment and get out of his comfort zone. However, it's far from anywhere near his best, imo. He appears to know that too, or he would have given it a proper release. It's a song that had potential though.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Blaze of Posting

this is a bit like 'Strangers When We're Sober' - that electro-tune of Nikki with Richie on guitars. I used to love that tune (somehow I have grown a little friendlier towards electronic music recently)...this one is a bit mehh.

It's the Foo Fighters meet Usher meet whoever is popular in the electro world with a Sambora guitar solo. I hear some potential there, and certainly some attitude. Not all bad. I think if someone like Timberlake recorded this, it is certainly catchy enough to get radio airplay.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Price of posting

Rancid song. Heard it 3 or 4 times and it gets worse on each play.

If he wants to leave Jovi and produce stuff like this - then as I said in No Richie thread - he will be forgotten - but even quicker than I thought he would.

He has lost the plot.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 PM
The Distance

The song is just ok.

Can someone explain the relationship he has with Nikki and why is she releasing his music?

I know they do the White Trash clothing line together
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Sorry to say it, but this is really awful. I really like Aftermath, but this sounds like a boy band song from the late 90s with the percussion taken from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air soundtrack.

City Of Manchester Stadium 4.6.2006, City of Manchester Stadium 22.6.2008, Bristol Ashton Gate Stadium 25.6.2008, O2 Arena 13.6.2010, Manchester L.C.C.C 24.6.2011, City of Manchester Stadium 8.6.2013
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso14 View Post
Sorry to say it, but this is really awful. I really like Aftermath, but this sounds like a boy band song from the late 90s with the percussion taken from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air soundtrack.
You're right. I've been trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of and it just his this early 90's hip hop feel to it with the slap bass. I wonder if this was just an early demo with midi tracks before he'd formally record it but it's just sounds so dated in the verses.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Keep the Faith

Pretty funny how everybody around here discusses the musical arrangement of the song. The music of that song doesn't matter at all!
Have a look at the lyrics. That's a statement about all the s*it that's going on lately.
The structure as a song with drums and guitar is just a means to an end.