View Single Post

Old 11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
People want to be able to get into contact with a celeb. Just because they follow a certain person doesn't mean that they're actually people who have bought an album by the artist. They're just interested in what the celeb has to say, so if the celeb would actually tweet something else than "Buy my new T-shirt it's got an amazing discount" it makes the follower aware of him and puts him/her in the spotlight. Next time the song is on the radio the person thinks "Hey, he said something funny last time, I should check his new CD."

That's the way it works.

Exactly spot on. People want to relate to celebs and hear what they are doing and what they have to say about anything news related and Twiter allows for that. Why do people follow Perez Hilton when most people don't agree with him and think he's a f*cktard? Because people are interested in what he's going to tweet next. Why do people follow Ashton Kutcher when he is a mediocore actor at best? It's because he is relatable and posts frequently and really cares about his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed
And I'm still pretty sure that's not Richie.
For a long time I didn't believe it was him either but it's pretty obvious youcangohome.com is the real deal and not a scam and it has a link to his Twitter account on the site asking for people who visit the site to follow the account. Why would they ask you to follow a fake account?