View Single Post

Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNickel View Post
I like the new album to a degree, but yours comments make no sense.

Theres fans on here who followed the band from before I was born and some of them don't like / own the new material. That doesn't make them any less of a fan. If they think the new album is crap, why would they waste their money on it ?

If I watch an illegal Bluray download of "The Dark Knight Rises", I can make as good a critique on its quality as the person who bought the disc, it doesn't matter if its right or wrong to download.

Blind love for the band no matter what they put out is just stupid.
The reason why you are a big die-hard fan is because you like most, if not all, of the material. So yes, it does make them less of a fan. A Bon Jovi fan from '84 to '95 is less of a fan from '84 to '13.

I never said that you need to like 100% of everything but you should own at least every official album, like it or not. If you don't like anything from 2000 forward and don't own anything you are no longer a fan as far as I'm concerned. You were a fan up until 2000 and are now just a fan of the older catalog. I would not consider that person a die-hard fan.

As far as your The Dark Knight Rises analogy goes, I never said that you can't make an opinion if you listen to the album.

I said that there is a fine line of an opinion verses someone who is always bitching and complaining about an album they don't own.

Bottom Line - There is no official definition of a Die-Hard Fan. But A true fan supports their band by owning every official release legally.

After 30 years, if this band gave me a bad release, I'm not going to turn my back on them because they gave me 29 other good ones. Once you no longer feel that way, you are no longer a die-hard fan.

Even If I hated WAN, I would still buy it because
A. I would be stealing it if I didn't
B. This is the only 1 purchase that I feel is necessary to support a band.
C. I want to give the album a chance
D. There are always highlights in each album and as a Die-Hard I still find it somewhat enjoyable

If you flat out hated the last 3 albums, you are no longer a current fan which makes you now longer a die-hard. If you think that they are just ok, you should own them.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 03-07-2013 at 07:57 PM..