View Single Post

Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
The reason why you are a big die-hard fan is because you like most, if not all, of the material. So yes, it does make them less of a fan. A Bon Jovi fan from '84 to '95 is less of a fan from '84 to '13.

I never said that you need to like 100% of everything but you should own at least every official album, like it or not. If you don't like anything from 2000 forward and don't own anything you are no longer a fan as far as I'm concerned. You were a fan up until 2000 and are now just a fan of the older catalog. I would not consider that person a die-hard fan.

As far as your The Dark Knight Rises analogy goes, I never said that you can't make an opinion if you listen to the album.

I said that there is a fine line of an opinion verses someone who is always bitching and complaining about an album they don't own.

Bottom Line - There is no official definition of a Die-Hard Fan. But A true fan supports their band by owning every official release legally.

After 30 years, if this band gave me a bad release, I'm not going to turn my back on them because they gave me 29 other good ones. Once you no longer feel that way, you are no longer a die-hard fan.

Even If I hated WAN, I would still buy it because
A. I would be stealing it if I didn't
B. This is the only 1 purchase that I feel is necessary to support a band.
C. I want to give the album a chance
D. There are always highlights in each album and as a Die-Hard I still find it somewhat enjoyable

If you flat out hated the last 3 albums, you are no longer a current fan which makes you now longer a die-hard. If you think that they are just ok, you should own them.
These people who don't like the new stuff give the new stuff a chance and choose not to buy something they deem to be crap. These fans still follow the band and await a day they improve their quality. A die hard isn't someone who just goes with it, because they feel they're obligated to be loyal to the band. You don't need to be loyal to a group of millionaires +.