Thread: The New Album
View Single Post

Old 08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee
Jon can't reach high notes no more. So what we should expect are more songs like We can dance, Breathe or lucky which haven't got those high notes.

This, moreover, means that Jon and Richie won't write more epic songs like Prayer, even It's my life and no more power ballads. It's sad but true. Jon will have a little time for handle his voice before they release another studio album. If he is clever enough he'll quit smoking. But I think it's too late.

Whish I'm wrong

Sorry for my english. Greetings from Barcelona.
Since when was Prayer and epic song?

OK, so no, he can't reach the high notes any more. Not to the same extent. However, he can still do the rock vocals more than adequately IMO (Undivided for example, mostly the second verse. Or Keep The Faith live). But either way, all I see that as meaning is we're not going to get a remake of their earlier work. The songs will have to be modulated to take their new standards into account, and this is what will make the difference in their musical direction, which I think is a good thing. You don't need to scream to make a rock album y'know

Keep On Rockin'

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!