Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Tico's Marriage/Divorce

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Tico's Marriage/Divorce

Before we completely derail the When Can We Expect Tour Dates Thread....

Can anyone confirm if Tico is divorced from Maria Alejandra?

Didn't someone post about him getting a divorce and having lawsuits related to Rock Star Baby?

Also, wasn't he spotted on a date with a news anchor?

Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Before we completely derail the When Can We Expect Tour Dates Thread....

Can anyone confirm if Tico is divorced from Maria Alejandra?

Didn't someone post about him getting a divorce and having lawsuits related to Rock Star Baby?

Also, wasn't he spotted on a date with a news anchor?
I googled their names with and without "marital status" and "divorce" and got nothing about a divorce. The only thing recent that popped was the who's-datin-who kind of sites and they all say Tico's married to Maria and they've been married for 14.5 years. Take it for what it's worth.

Here's an article about the Rock Star Baby lawsuit, if it's the same one you're referring to. But according to the article this occurred about a year after Tico and Maria were married. The only divorce referenced is his divorce from Eva.

(You might try to ignore the sensationalism. It's written by the same Sean Borg clone that wrote the article about Richie being miffed at Billboard not too long ago. It would seem that Mr. Johnson has a beef with anyone associated with BJ. )

http://aintnocureforlove-bj.tripod.c...s_marapril.htm
~~~~~~~
WAR DRUMS AT KIDS' BOUTIQUE
by By RICHARD JOHNSON with Paula Froelich and Chris Wilson
BON Jovi drummer Tico Torres is trying to oust the designer of his clothing line for kids, Rock Star Baby, now that it's turning a profit.
In 2000, Torres, formerly married to supermodel Eva Herzigova, started the luxury children's wear company with designer Cinzia Spalletti, who also launched Halston's baby line and worked for Donatella Versace and Giorgio Armani.
Their ad campaign features the likes of Jon Bon Jovi and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler holding well-turned-out tots. Last year, they staged a fashion show at the Puck Building featuring Mick Jagger's sexy model daughter Elizabeth and hot-blooded hotel heiress Nicky Hilton.
Since then, the line has caught on with stores like Nordstrom, Saks, Henri Bendel and Fred Segal. Rock Star Baby now makes healthy profits.
All of a sudden, Torres has decided he no longer needs Spalletti and is trying to drum her out of the business.
Spalletti alleges Torres is trying to replace her with his hot new 24-year-old Venezuelan model wife, Malejandra, who barely speaks English and has never had a real job in her life.
Earlier this month, Torres, with Malejandra in tow, entered their Elizabeth Street store/studio and yelled at the employees, "I own this company. Everyone eats from my plate. And if you want to continue working here you have to kiss my a- -and my wife's a- - too," Spalletti says.
After she complained, Torres said he was shutting the company down. On Monday, things came to a head when Torres had some henchmen change
the locks on the door.
Spalletti went around the corner to her lawyer Robert Hantman's office, who called police. The cops made Torres' hirelings change the locks
back and told them they could not lawfully bar Spalletti from entering.
Yesterday, Spalletti sued Torres in Manhattan Supreme Court, alleging he has "attempted to use his wealth, power and celebrity status to
oust [me] by sheer intimidation and force." She maintains she did all the work and came up with all the designs while Torres merely put some
money into the business and promoted it.
Torres' lawyer, Dorothy Weber, was in court yesterday and could not be reached. His rep at Island Records did not have a comment.
"I'm shocked," Spalletti told PAGE SIX's Jared Paul Stern. "What is going on is so totally unfair. I worked my butt off. I think the way he's acting is really pathetic."
"Even rock stars have to pay the price for trying to bully a young lady into the street," Hantman says. "The company is her whole life and we hope for a fair resolution."
Old 03-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Something for the Posts

That lawsuit was nearly fifteen years ago and two years into their marriage.

But I did think it was strange that there were no pics of Maria at this event Tico attended earlier this month. He was seen with Gabrielle "Fiona of Burn Notice" Anwar, but she just got married herself about six months ago. Maybe they couldn't get a babysitter...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 03-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

I haven't heard anything about a divorce but I have noticed at all the recent events that Tico has been at, his wife hasn't been with him. This has been for a while now. |I can't remember when she last appeared with him.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Something for the Posts

This is dated 3/26/16, allegedly taken in Suriname, South America, where he's either playing golf or trying to save the rain forest

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 03-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Who is that with him? (I have prosopagnosia. I would recognize Maria Alejandra if she sat next to me on an airplane wearing a T-shirt that said "Mrs. Torres.")
Old 03-28-2016, 07:24 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
This is dated 3/26/16, allegedly taken in Suriname, South America, where he's either playing golf or trying to save the rain forest

I don't understand what this proves, it's a picture of him with a random person/fan.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Blaze of Posting

Couldn't find anything. I think they are still married, if they aren't together none of it has been publicized.....
Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Couldn't find anything. I think they are still married, if they aren't together none of it has been publicized.....
Wouldn't be a first -- we didn't find out about Dave's divorce until after it was done, not to mention his near-fatal encounter with a stomach parasite.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

I had noticed some time ago he was not wearing a wedding band. He did lose a lot of weight after his gal bladder and appendix surgeries - so maybe thought just needed re-size. But - have also noticed in what few you see of him out and about it is still absent. Could mean absolutely NOTHING. I'm old school, if you're committed to one person, put the ring on. He seems quite private anyway.