proof jon is a cool nice dude!

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to slippery86
Default proof jon is a cool nice dude!

Monday, 16 December, 2002, 15:24 GMT
Bon Jovi to bail out swimming fan

Jon Bon Jovi says he will pay any fine imposed on a fan who plunged into Sydney Harbour and swam to a floating stage where he was performing.
The 32-year-old man faces being fined by police after the incident during a free concert in the city's Darling Harbour on Friday.

He received a huge ovation from the 20,000-strong crowd after being hauled out of the water by his idol.

Bon Jovi recently launched their new album, Bounce, in Australia.

7800 ºF 2

Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Posting Always

yeah that news is a few weeks old, but nice to read again!

I didn't need any proof anyway, I always knew!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to joviromeo Send a message via Yahoo to joviromeo

Thanks for posting that, it was nice to be reminded of how cool Jon and the guys in the band are.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Mike McRock

lol, I'd say that story makes him increadibly cool as apposed to nice!

He does tend to do this quite a bit though. I remember at Huddersfield, a girl (babe) came on stage and tried to kiss him. The security people got hold of her, but Jon stoped them, danced with the girl and gave her a kiss. He also did something similar at the Giants Stadium 89 gig. A guy came onstage during the jam (skid row, Sam Kinderson e.t.c). He ran over to the guys, and again, somebody grabbed hold of him. Jon went over to the other side of the stage to get him back, pulled him on with them, and he sang Wild Thing with them..... It's great when he has such a great time with the fans, almost encouraging them to do this sort of thing .

However, I'm sure Sebastian Bach doestn' agree with this, I know he never got on with Jon after their tiff. Jon did really screw the Skids over with that contract, helping themselves to their royalties, and Seb actually had to signe a contract saying he wouldn't speak about Jon in any interview....... Jon comes across from this story as a bully, and a real bastard.

It's always difficult to say exactly how somebody like Jon is. Obviously extremely cool, but if anything that puts a cover over how he really is. One would think from the interviews, and these storys, and the obvious importance of his family, that he is indeed a nice guy. But then again, if he isn't nice he's not going to shout it from the rooftops; the fact that Jon seems to 'connect' with his fans, certainly sells more records.

I'm guessing he's probably a lousy buisness man, who lost a friend through a bad deal he did. I'm sure he thought that the publicity he gave the Skids, made them famous, so they were basically his creation. However, that doesn't make that deal right, and to convince me he was a really nice guy, he would have to admit his mistake, and apologise to the band (like Richie did, giving back all his royalties).
Old 01-24-2003, 12:27 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McRock
I'm guessing he's probably a lousy buisness man, who lost a friend through a bad deal he did. I'm sure he thought that the publicity he gave the Skids, made them famous, so they were basically his creation. However, that doesn't make that deal right, and to convince me he was a really nice guy, he would have to admit his mistake, and apologise to the band (like Richie did, giving back all his royalties).
Uh? I think Jon's one brilliant businessman and that's why for example Seb hates him. Jons contract with the Skids was a great deal for Jon and Richie, not so good for the Skids. But the good businessmen get the money and the stupid ones don't. I'm not saying that it was a good decision morally, but business-wise it was good. I think Jon is right not giving back the royalties. They made a deal and you don't hear anyone else bitching about it but Seb.

And it's been said many times, but I'll say it again. Jon's a great businessman. That doesn't mean he's a nice guy, it doesn't mean his not. But if he's one thing, that's a businessman.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Exception to the Rule
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
Uh? I think Jon's one brilliant businessman and that's why for example Seb hates him. Jons contract with the Skids was a great deal for Jon and Richie, not so good for the Skids. But the good businessmen get the money and the stupid ones don't. I'm not saying that it was a good decision morally, but business-wise it was good. I think Jon is right not giving back the royalties. They made a deal and you don't hear anyone else bitching about it but Seb.

And it's been said many times, but I'll say it again. Jon's a great businessman. That doesn't mean he's a nice guy, it doesn't mean his not. But if he's one thing, that's a businessman.

Ice
true that
Old 01-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
(like Richie did, giving back all his royalties).
According to Snake Sabo, Richie never gave back any royalties either. He laughed at that idea. However, Snake remains good friends with Jon. So, if he has no problems with it, what's up with Sebastian? Speculation was always that Jon & Richie wrote their hits for them anyway and were "ghostwriters." Taking the publishing rights gave them the money for the songs that were theirs and kept it hush-hush that that Skid Row was even more reliant on Bon Jovi than it appeared. Of course, that's all speculation and we'll never know the real story. Still, Jon has said in interviews that he wrote songs for Skid Row. Yet he's never been credited on their albums.

Becky
Old 01-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
[And it's been said many times, but I'll say it again. Jon's a great businessman. That doesn't mean he's a nice guy, it doesn't mean his not. But if he's one thing, that's a businessman. :)

Ice
I'd rather he stop being the businessman and the hollywood wannabe and stuck 100% to being a rock star...

I've got the tools, I got the girl
and I certainly got the tools to satisfy
Plus make you beg for more
Old 01-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock
I'd rather he stop being the businessman and the hollywood wannabe and stuck 100% to being a rock star...
This statement is garbage, in my opinion!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

i don't - i'm simply saying i wish he'd stop thinking about a career in acting and stick to what he is one of the world's best at...

and 2nd - that he forgot about the business side of the music industry and again concentrated on doing what he does best...

music is a passion and a lifestyle not a business or an industry