Thread: Hook Me Up
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I love Hook Me Up - I was lucky enough to have heard it live several times. But for my money, Undivided is the jewel of the Bounce album.
Undivided is the jewel of the post-2000 Bon Jovi IMO. Yeah, it wouldn't exist without IML, but Undivided has more heart than anything post These Days, it's solid rock, powerful lyrics... it's one of the few times over the last 13 years they have shown what they are capable of.

Hook me up on the other hand is good. I'd rate in the top half of Bounce, but not by much. Though it gets better and better with every passing album. It's a good, edgy rock song.. no more, no less... and since there haven't been many (if any) of those since Bounce, it makes it all the more memorable. I didn't get it at my one show on the Bounce tour... damn my broke college days! I just wish it had been recorded/mixed better. It always sounded inadvertently small... like it was recorded in a small room, when it should have sounded like a big, rock anthem. Anyway, good song... take it any day over BWC or WAN.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...