Jon and his "wisdom" - Part 2.

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-28-2005, 08:48 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Jon and his "wisdom" - Part 2.

Aloha !

After reading the new letter from Jon that came with the Backstage magazine (no I'm not a member but read it online so again I saved a lot of money) I couldn't help but finding Jon a stupid dork again.

Quote:
We heard that the Beatles, Nirvana, and Michael (I should have quit the business after the Jackson 5) Jackson were all releasing box sets the same time of the year. We wanted to give you something more than rehashed master recordings.
So just because other artists released box sets this year Bon Jovi should release one this year as well? And that comment about Michael Jackson doesn't make any sense. That guy sold more records than he will ever do and it was released after the Jackson 5 period. Also, it's a bit low to make such a comment, I bet he would not have said it if the guy wasn't facing a big process.

If he would've heard a little more than just the news that those artists were releasing a boxset he would've known that The Beatles had the big anthology project about 10 years ago. Lots of CD's with unreleased stuff that had never seen the light of day before. Different takes on songs, live versions and an old single released as well.

The boxset from Nirvana contains stuff that was never released before. So no, Jon you're not doing something so unique as you're claiming it is. Your artwork is unique, but the ones from Nirvana and Michael Jackson are better. Much better.

Also, Jackson released a concert DVD along with the boxset, and Nirvana showed unreleased video's about the band jamming. Now tell me about your great DVD again please.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't that comment from Jon just stupid?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 01-28-2005, 09:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

yes it is, but you might be reading too much into it.

the Nirvana boxset has better artwork in MY opinion, but it isn't 'nirvana like' at all and most hardcore fans are greatly disappointed with it.

of course the BJ DVD sucks and I can only wish they'd ever release anything like the Nirvana DVD ---- if he did it because Nirvana came out with a boxset, he/they should have paid more attention to what exactly N. put out.
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 01-28-2005, 10:37 PM
These Days

You should remember that Box Set project is now old 3 years!!!

And it is unique... Nirvana is dead... Bon Jovi is alive! Big difference in this project...
Old 01-29-2005, 12:50 AM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
yes it is, but you might be reading too much into it.
Exactly. Business as usual.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoy
Nirvana is dead... Bon Jovi is alive! Big difference in this project...
I wouldn't excactly call bon jovi to be alive. More like hibernating.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Tokyo Road

Default Re: Jon and his "wisdom" - Part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

After reading the new letter from Jon that came with the Backstage magazine (no I'm not a member but read it online so again I saved a lot of money) I couldn't help but finding Jon a stupid dork again.

Quote:
We heard that the Beatles, Nirvana, and Michael (I should have quit the business after the Jackson 5) Jackson were all releasing box sets the same time of the year. We wanted to give you something more than rehashed master recordings.
So just because other artists released box sets this year Bon Jovi should release one this year as well?
*Sigh* He's referring to the other boxsets only so he can show how theirs is different

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Default Re: Jon and his "wisdom" - Part 2.

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoy
You should remember that Box Set project is now old 3 years!!!

And it is unique... Nirvana is dead... Bon Jovi is alive! Big difference in this project...
So because an artist is dead a boxset from a band that still makes music is unique. :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
*Sigh* He's referring to the other boxsets only so he can show how theirs is different
Yes. he's comparing them. And when he was doing that he should've noticed what exactly was on those boxsets, instead of just telling how theirs is different compared to rehashed recordings. I can understand that he's proud of the project being different, but when he mentioned the Jackson thingy it started to sound like bragging.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 01-31-2005, 03:06 AM
Jovi FANatic

To me this is just an explanation of the bands desire to relly give us something different in light of the fact that there was going to be quite a bit of competion for peoples dollars in this area. The MJ comment has a typo, I believe it's supposed to read "he" instead of "I" meaning that had MJ left the business after the J5, and gotten himself a real lifeand dealt with his issues he might not be in the position he is today. The sad truth is MJ will be remembered not as a great artist but as a guy with, at the very least bizzare lifestyle and at worst a child molester.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Can you like teach a seminar on how to hate Bon JOvi?
Really - there's like a whole course worth of material and you're clearly the expert in your field!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bliss
Can you like teach a seminar on how to hate Bon JOvi?
Really - there's like a whole course worth of material and you're clearly the expert in your field!
Why thank you. If you think I'm the expert this must show that you do agree with me. Saying I'm the expert means that I have a talent for pointing out the negative things, which in your opinion also are negative things - you just didn't notice them because you're so narrowminded, which I think you are the expert in.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan