Thread: Keep the faith
View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Keep the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Could the connection be that they're story songs? I mean, Livin on a Prayer tells a story, kinda; but these seem to be more like straight narratives, without a real universal application, like Prayer has.
Most likely, yes. It’s just I personally would never put those those two songs in the same category as “Dry County”, but then I was thinking musically and in terms of quality which is not the same thing. That plus those two songs from Bounce seem to the considered quite low on people’s lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
It would be super interesting to hear what he thinks of bounce. He's basically ignored that album as a whole, he acknowledges Joey and RSOW but that's all he's said of the album in years!!
I’d love to hear what he currently thinks about Bounce as well, as you say (much like These Days) it’s largely ignored. It was the Bounce era that I first immersed myself into in terms of really following the bands career so back in 2002/3 I saw lots of interviews talking about the album when it was fresh but it’ll be nice to see what he has to say about it now.

Still immensely grateful he’s doing these little videos and he says they’re going to be weekly so it’ll be interesting to see what’s next.

Also, Jon describes Keep the Faith as a fan favourite (which it is) but it’s certainly more than that. It’s up there with Slippery When Wet and New Jersey.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 07-09-2020 at 08:53 PM..