View Single Post

Old 02-20-2005, 10:25 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Great job on your review and thank you for posting it! I like to read these types of detailed reviews and I encourage you to keep it up.

Personally, I do not like New Jersey, the album, as much as the average Bon Jovi fans does. I prefer the live version of every song on the album that has ever been done live. I do not have much appreciation for Bad Medicine but I do share your distaste for Born To Be My Baby.

I did always see the album as evidence of the band's maturing and encouraged me to keep on with them as a fan even if the album didn't exactly turn me out so much. Though I didn't get to see them live on that tour, the clips and bits I did get of how they were performing on tour at the time (such as MTV News bits following the tour) showed me they had only gotten better as a live band and were sounding better than ever. There was also the fact that Jon's voice, having begun voice training following the Slippery tour, had improved greatly while becoming more resilent. He was generally outdoing the album performances for just about every song they were doing live. This added to the excitement of being a fan following their progress.