View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
its not the same..The Wall is an album which represents so many things, has so many meanings in so many levels, so touring an album of that caliber and status in order to let the younger audiences experience it live and the older ones to relive the experience isnt nostalgia, at least in a bad-unartistic way.
an album like the wall cant be measured only by sales-singles. and if a live act is a nostalgia act or not is depending on the way the performer-artist plays his music and reacts to it, i wouldnt call it nostalgia and i m not a pink floyd fan ,i rarely listen to them. but ssw and the wall are not in the same level
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlochty View Post
You REALLY shouldn't compare SWW with The Wall.

(btw, I'm not a massive Pink Floyd fan either)
According to the artist's career it is almost the same (you can never really compare anything if we speak about it). I know some songs from The Wall and I enjoy some of them and I respect Pink Floyd as a unique artist. But I see this as a commercial step to gain more money on his past, moreover on a past of a band he has left. Yeah, he wrote The Wall but it was the band who recorded it and I think it would have been different if it wasn't Gilmour playing the guitar (at least him). Many artists play many songs from their best/commercially successful albums but they don't need to name the tour after them 30 years later.
And yes I know that The Wall is not a classic album that it is a different thing. But still..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 View Post
Yeah, one's an overrated, bloated, and unenjoyable album... and the other is Slippery When Wet. (Just my opinion of course)
I'm not alone great!
Overrated - that's the reason I can't listen to many "classic" bands which are considered as true rock bands. U2, Deep Purple, Led Zepellin, Pink Floyd, ACDC Black Sabbath. I don't say they don't have good songs but I think they are sooooo overrated and because of them other good music is omitted.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights