View Single Post

Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

And that same person is butchering the stuff that person failed to sing in the original youTube link.
How well someone sings, many times, IS a matter of opinion, and I really like this version from 2003. It came "close" to The D.C. version from July, 2003, but of course not identical. I was able to hear it live with my own ears and without any possible "editing" after the fact. It was powerful when I heard it in '03.

I simply think we have to face the fact that Jon is not 22 yrs old and he's not even 32 yrs old. I personally prefer to hear him sing the song the way he sang it in 2003 above the option of not ever hearing him sing it live again.

I had heard the song before, but it really grabbed me when I heard it live. I had not had the pleasure of hearing it live prior to 2003. I guess I was too busy being a college student to get to the shows when it was performed in the 90s.

Anyway, the song is powerful, meaningful, and it's one of my favorites -- not just of Bon Jovi's music, but of all songs.