View Single Post

Old 01-25-2018, 04:18 AM
Suddenly

Default Other musicians into Bon Jovi on the board?

Hi everyone - I've been following these Jovi Talk boards for ages (thanks to all for the great info over the years), but I've never posted since I haven't really felt I've had much to add to the discussions.

I've tried in the past to access a musician's forum that supposedly resides here, but I haven't been able to find it (or get replies to inquiries to admins)...hence my post here.

I've played guitar on and off over the past few years (I consider myself an "advanced beginner/intermediate" player). I can also play some keyboards and drums. I've been jamming occasionally with a drummer friend - he has a fairly broad taste in musical styles, so he's happy to play a few BJ songs...but Bon Jovi has been my favorite band since the release of Slippery, and I'd quite happily play BJ songs 90% of the time.

I'd really like to connect with other musicians in my immediate area (Kitchener-Waterloo area in Ontario, Canada). I've tried posting on sites like Kijiji, but I'm wondering if this board might be a better way to find the more hardcore Bon Jovi fans.

I'm essentially a hobby player, and I don't have any ambitions to do any serious gigging. I guess I'm looking for more of a "garage tribute band" type of arrangement, where I could just jam with folks who are really into Bon Jovi. Age/gender isn't all that important (I'm 44 years old, male), but I just want to find easy going, reliable people who aren't into unnecessary drama.

Anyone out there in my area up for a jam?

Thanks,

Dave