Thread: A Star Is Born
View Single Post

Old 11-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
This is the 4th remake - I have seen every version previously and really like the Judy Garland version...
The 1937 Janet Gaynor A Star is Born is original in name only. It was a remake of the 1932 movie What Price Hollywood with Constance Bennett -- which nearly resulted in a plagiarism lawsuit! VERY few people know that -- way to go, Kathleen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
...I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga's music (or persona) so I guess I ended up enjoying the music despite my expectations.
Based on the advertising, I think this the best-LOOKING remake of the bunch -- Bradley Cooper definitely chose the right cinematographer. But also based on the advertising, I have to say that Lady Gaga HAS met my expectations. Unlike her predecessors Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand, neither her looks nor her vocal chops stand out enough for me to find her story of popularity and success WITHOUT a "persona" to be plausible.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-01-2022 at 05:26 PM..