Thread: Fincher News
View Single Post

Old 01-20-2005, 06:41 PM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*

I was going to post some news when I saw a reply to this thread, so I thought it had already been posted.
Thank you for the link but what I found is probably a bit more reliable:

http://www.davidfincher.cjb.net/

Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Fincher on Button

Here's a small quote from Fincher on the current status of Benjamin Button:

What might you ask, is David Fincher up to these days? Funny you should mention that, cos we called him up and asked... "What I am desperately trying to do is put this movie together that has been around for about 75 years at Paramount called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," he tells The Insider. "It's based on an F.Scott Fitzgerald short story that's been adapted by Eric Roth. It's a little 200-page script; a sprawling romance between a woman of 30 and a man who, at 50, begins ageing backwards. It's dark, it's romantic, and it also deals with mortality in a pretty unflattering way. The guy is born in 1919 - with the film itself beginning in the Civil war, travelling around the world and carrying on all the way through to the year 2000. And we'd have to have the lead actor be recognisable from the ages of 18 to 85 years old." He pauses, and laughs. "We want to try and film it for just under $US300 million".

This comes from the January edition of Emipre magazine in Australia.

(I think the 300 million might be exageration a bit. ) Either way, I hope this gets off the ground, cuz I'd love to see some more from Finch.

--ciao

posted by Dustin P at 1:55 PM

Fincher and Pitt to reteam

but not for a movie. Instead, it'll be for a Heineken commercial. Check out the details Here.

a snippet from the article:

NEW YORK - Brad Pitt, who portrayed the anti-hero Tyler Durden in the film of the novel 'Fight Club', is to appear in an advertisement for Heineken.

The ad is to be directed by David Fincher, the man who directed Pitt in the film of Chuck Palahniuk's novel 'Fight Club'.

It will show Pitt buying a six-pack of Heineken and then being chased by paparazzi through the streets of Los Angeles.

Unusually for an ad featuring an A-list celebrity, it will be shown in the US.

well, at least it's something; let us know if and when you see it.
Thanks to Nathan for the head's up.

--ciao

posted by Dustin P at 1:49 PM