Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Well it's one of the biggest, most successful and most popular film series of all time, so I'm sure there'll be at least some replies here

I'm a fan myself, I'm too young to have seen the films on their original release, but I saw them on video when I was a kid and liked them, and then after the release of The Phantom Menace I watched them again and then saw that, and then followed the prequels eagerly. I went to see Episode II thrice and Episode III twice (though I liked Episode III more than Episode II, just a case of oppurtunity)

I don't think I could place an order on them as to any particular favourite, because as with any continuing film series such as this I like to look upon them as a whole and not as separate entities. I am one who actually does like the prequels though, I know many don't (and please let's not turn this thread into one bashing them)

I have the Special Edition boxset of the OT, and also I bought the Limited Edition ones separately (with the pre-SE on the 2nd disc) and just the prequels seperate, and I will get them out every so often and have a watch-through them. I look forward to seeing them all in HD at some point, and though I haven't read anything for a while I did hear that Episode I was going to be touched up a bit, mostly to add a CG Yoda instead of that monsterous puppet. I'm surprised they didn't do a theatrical re-release this year actually, since it's the 30th Anniversary of the original.

I did get a toy lightsabre around the time of Episode I, and I've had posters of all 6 films I think, though currently the only one up on my wall is the Episode III poster. Not really a big collector though, so not got any toys or whatever else.