Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post

Old 07-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousebounce View Post
**Spoiler Alert**

Do not read as this contains some information about what happens in the movie.

I saw it tonight, and I am sad to say that I didn't like it at all. I know everyone is raving about it, but I thought it was too long because they tried to cram way too much into one movie. The entire Two Face storyline should have been removed as it just made the plot convoluted in my opinion. The editors didn't do a great job at editing this movie. A lot could have been removed which would have actually improved it.

Not to mention that I know super hero movies aren't supposed to be realistic, but that entire wi fi thingy, where Batman can see and hear what is going on in all of Gotham was wayyyy out there. In the first Batman you could kind of believe what he was capable of, but they made him do way too many far out things in this movie.

As for Heath Ledger, I can't see him winning any awards for this role although that is all the buzz right now. He was great, don't get me wrong, but award winning is going a bit far. Maggie Gyllenhaal sucked as the "girlfriend." I think my frying pan has more personality than her. First Katie Holmes and now her. They need to find a decent leading lady.

I would give it two out of five stars. The special effects are amazing. Christian Bale rules as Batman, but it was needlessly long with a crappy plot. Heck, I even found myself a bit bored at times. It was a disappointment to say the least.

This reviewer summed it up nicely so I will steal it.

It simply boils down to a matter of taste (for the theatrical). I preferred Batman Begins over The Dark Knight. Nolan's introductory film embraced explanations, took time with its mythology, accepted the character's limitations and established the boundaries of Batman's fictional world. Dark Knight builds on that foundation, for sure, but thrusts ever forward when all I really wanted it to do was stop for a second and soak in the glorious chaos.
I disagree with everything you said. First off Heath winning an oscar is not too much he was amazing and deserves it. The whole thing about Batman hearing people throughout the whole city isn't hard to believe because the government does it. If you don't know there is a big o satellite above all of our heads and the goverenment spys on all of us including you, they can tap into your little phone conversations with your mommy. If you want to talk about unrealistic movies try watching Wanted there are just alot of YEAH RIGHTS in there. I think the plot was great, and I'm not sure if you completely understand what The Joker's part in this movie is because if you did the plot would make a whole lot of sense. I thought Batman Begins wasn't all that good, it just kind of dragged for me. Another reason for not liking the first one was because it was just mre focused on Bruce becoming Batman and it was just ugh for me and not any decent villians. In all this is just my opinion.

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."